Which Board to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrwizbang

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
So, there are two motherboards that I am looking at buying for a system that I am currently building. One of them is P67 : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157265&Tpk=extreme4%20p67 and the other is a Z68 : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157271&Tpk=extreme3%20z68
The price is not an issue as I can get the P67 one for the same price as the Z68. I was just wondering which one would be more suited for me. It seems like the p67 one has more features, but then again, I don't really even know what features the Z68 board has. If someone could please help me it would be greatly appreciated. I do a lot of gaming on my computer. I am getting an HD 7850, and later in the future hopefully either crossfire or a 7970. I am very into music as well. I do a lot of electronic music production/recording and don't know which one offers more features for things like that. I also do a lot of photography. I have soooo many pictures and do a lot of stuff with picture and video editing, but not as much as gaming or music. Thanks in advance!

Solution
Put them side by side in a comparison and find which one serves you best. When I upgraded to my GA-Z68 I had to compare 3 or 4 prior. I looked at do I need firewire, eSATA, PS2, USB3, etc etc and the GA-Z68XP-UD3P fit mine the best. I had to give up eSATA (but I didn't have any eSATA at the time), but HAD to have PS2 for my Logitech KB/Mouse.

I think if you do this and take into account any near future upgrading, the clear winner will present itself. Since I don't know all your gear, I can't give much better answer as to X or Y, but you'll find out what I mean when you really start criticizing them.

jrwizbang

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
I don't plan on getting an Ivy Bridge. At least not before a next gen of cpu's comes out after that. And I already have my CPU. A 2500k. I won't be doing a whole lot of over clocking but occasionally I do.

scottiemedic

Distinguished
Put them side by side in a comparison and find which one serves you best. When I upgraded to my GA-Z68 I had to compare 3 or 4 prior. I looked at do I need firewire, eSATA, PS2, USB3, etc etc and the GA-Z68XP-UD3P fit mine the best. I had to give up eSATA (but I didn't have any eSATA at the time), but HAD to have PS2 for my Logitech KB/Mouse.

I think if you do this and take into account any near future upgrading, the clear winner will present itself. Since I don't know all your gear, I can't give much better answer as to X or Y, but you'll find out what I mean when you really start criticizing them.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.