Sign in with
Your question

Crysis 2 is nvidia sponsered.God knows what will happen to Ati users

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 9, 2011 4:27:18 PM

Guys crysis 2 is coming out in march.And it is one of the most anticipated game.But did you guys know that crysis2 will be an nvidia sponsered TWISMTBP title?.I really hope that ea haven't done any dirty tricks in the game engine to screw up ati users.Considering how nvidia and ubi screwed up ati users in Hawx2 game.
a c 271 U Graphics card
a c 168 Î Nvidia
February 9, 2011 4:36:29 PM

Pc Guru_07 said:
Guys crysis 2 is coming out in march.And it is one of the most anticipated game.But did you guys know that crysis2 will be an nvidia sponsered TWISMTBP title?.I really hope that ea haven't done any dirty tricks in the game engine to screw up ati users.Considering how nvidia and ubi screwed up ati users in Hawx2 game.

I'm guessing that you never saw this thread back in November.
a c 539 U Graphics card
a c 333 Î Nvidia
February 9, 2011 7:16:16 PM

Pc Guru_07 said:

If you have been paying attention to many of the recent reviews of the 6900 series, you will have noticed that they often did very well in those games that usually favor Nvidia. HAWX 2 performance is the fault of AMD not emphasizing tesselation in their recent architectures, not dirty tricks as you say. It's time to own up and take responsibility. If you are unhappy with the performance of your AMD card, don't you think that going with a different brand would make sense?
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
February 9, 2011 7:23:00 PM

17seconds said:
If you have been paying attention to many of the recent reviews of the 6900 series, you will have noticed that they often did very well in those games that usually favor Nvidia. HAWX 2 performance is the fault of AMD not emphasizing tesselation in their recent architectures, not dirty tricks as you say. It's time to own up and take responsibility. If you are unhappy with the performance of your AMD card, don't you think that going with a different brand would make sense?

I think it's hilarious that for the past 7 or so years ATI had tessellation supported by their video cards and they would crow about how great tesselation was. DX11 finally comes around and game makers finally begin implementing tessellation and all of a sudden ATI and it's users are making a stink about how games unfairly use tessellation to handicap ATI cards.
a c 271 U Graphics card
a c 168 Î Nvidia
February 9, 2011 7:25:50 PM

jprahman said:
I think it's hilarious that for the past 7 or so years ATI had tessellation supported by their video cards and they would crow about how great tesselation was. DX11 finally comes around and game makers finally begin implementing tessellation and all of a sudden ATI and it's users are making a stink about how games unfairly use tessellation to handicap ATI cards.

Such is the way when a dedicated chip never gets tested, you can talk it up as much as you want. :lol: 
February 10, 2011 12:20:05 AM

No games are just for Nvidia. Just means Nvidia paid some ectra money for advertising. Also, the first Crysis was also sponsered by Nvidia.
February 10, 2011 3:18:28 AM

Inspite of nvidia backing people say it will be first for consoles then pc..In Lost planet 2 whenever i enable dx11 with my 5850 i get pixelated graphics.The game run super smooth in dx9 mode maxed.I believe nvidia screwed up ati users in that game too.I just downloaded hawx2 benchmark but in option i cannot enable tesslation.I mean what the hell is this?I run heavens benchmark which uses maximum tesslation than any game but in this two nvida games i cannot even run tesslation.Nvidia sucks big time.Paying money to harrash ati users.
a b U Graphics card
February 10, 2011 12:40:57 PM

Pc Guru_07 said:
Inspite of nvidia backing people say it will be first for consoles then pc..In Lost planet 2 whenever i enable dx11 with my 5850 i get pixelated graphics.The game run super smooth in dx9 mode maxed.I believe nvidia screwed up ati users in that game too.I just downloaded hawx2 benchmark but in option i cannot enable tesslation.I mean what the hell is this?I run heavens benchmark which uses maximum tesslation than any game but in this two nvida games i cannot even run tesslation.Nvidia sucks big time.Paying money to harrash ati users.

Urm.Nobody had stopped AMD for developing their own games program.NVIDIA initiated TWIMTBP so that users with nvidia hardware get better performance.Nobody had stopped AMD from doing the same
a b U Graphics card
February 10, 2011 12:43:44 PM

I wonder what ATI's developer program would be called?

TOEAGWIMTBP

(The Other Equally As Good Way It's Meant To Be Played)
February 10, 2011 12:47:43 PM

Was'nt the first Crysis game plastered in Nvidia logos but ended running better on ATI?

I seem to remember it being so.
a b U Graphics card
February 10, 2011 1:01:54 PM

marney_5 said:
Was'nt the first Crysis game plastered in Nvidia logos but ended running better on ATI?

I seem to remember it being so.

When it was released nvidia had the lead on the game but now AMD has better optmisations for the games resulting in it beating nvidia in the game.But now If you consider metro 2033 nvidia is beating ati in the game in dx9 dx10 and dx 11 modes
According to the reviewer

The difference between DX10 and DX11 on the GeForce GTX 480 was much narrower than the Radeon HD 5870. Here, we are seeing only small differences in performance between DX11 and DX10. DX11 is technically faster, but just barely. One possibility that performance is much narrower between APIs on the GeForce GTX 480 is that NVIDIA has better optimizations for this game currently than AMD does.

My friend owns a radeon hd 4890 with an i5 750.We both played the game on high settings but my gtx 260 achived the exact same frame rate as the 4890 when it was supposed to be faster.As time goes on perhaps AMD may get the edge in this game too like crysis but for now its a win for nvidia in metro 2033
a b U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
February 10, 2011 1:23:05 PM

They want to sell as many copies of the game as they can they aren't going to cripple it for the millions out there running ATI hardware. As others have said the first one was Nvidia sponsored too and it runs fine on alot of ATI cards.

What I don't understand is why AMD users are mad at Nvidia becuase there 5*** series cards don't handle tesslation well. Shouldn't they be mad at the people who sold them a dx11 card incapable of using dx11's most important feature?
a b U Graphics card
February 10, 2011 1:28:51 PM

benski said:
They want to sell as many copies of the game as they can they aren't going to cripple it for the millions out there running ATI hardware. As others have said the first one was Nvidia sponsored too and it runs fine on alot of ATI cards.

What I don't understand is why AMD users are mad at Nvidia becuase there 5*** series cards don't handle tesslation well. Shouldn't they be mad at the people who sold them a dx11 card incapable of using dx11's most important feature?

They definitely rectified the problem in the 6 series; i'd say that the ATI 5 series was a lot more successful than the early Nvidia 4 series when you look at it overall however.
a b U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
February 10, 2011 1:49:50 PM

^ I agree with that. The 5 series are good cards, just not that good at one thing, which wasn't even an issue in any games when they came out. But tesselation is a nice feature, so I don't understand why people bitch about it being included heavily in some new games and blame Nvidia because their cards don't run them well. It's not some trick just to screw AMD users, it's a legitimate feature that adds realism to games.
a b U Graphics card
February 10, 2011 1:57:10 PM

Indeed, but i'd say Nvidia played a slightly longer game than ATI did at the turn of 2010 when Fermi was coming into the limelight. They took the gamble of rebuilding a new architecture designed to work very well with tessellation from the start, and that gamble only really started to pay off with the 460 and now the 5xx series is out, it's picked up more steam. ATI played it safe by revising what it already had (very well), stuck a big tessellation engine onto the chipset and that was the 5xxx series. I guess that was the secret to what caused the 5 series to be a success over the 4 series. But i think that the 6xxx series and the 5xx series are on a much more level playing field now that Nvidia has had the time to go over Fermi with a fine tooth comb to make it PSU friendly.
a b U Graphics card
February 10, 2011 1:59:42 PM

As I said ages ago: ATI has a weak Tesselation engine. And thats the primary feature that will improve graphics in DX11 mode.

NVIDIA took the time to set up a program, work with developers, and has one of the largest testing sites for games around [I think their test lab has like 40 configs for testing...]. As such, devs in the program have many chances to better optimize code for NVIDIA cards.
February 10, 2011 3:16:19 PM

I still think paying £440 on 2 x 6950 is better than paying £420 on a single 580, no matter how much better optimized direct x11 or any game is.
a c 141 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
February 10, 2011 3:44:12 PM

Pc Guru_07 said:
Inspite of nvidia backing people say it will be first for consoles then pc..In Lost planet 2 whenever i enable dx11 with my 5850 i get pixelated graphics.The game run super smooth in dx9 mode maxed.I believe nvidia screwed up ati users in that game too.I just downloaded hawx2 benchmark but in option i cannot enable tesslation.I mean what the hell is this?I run heavens benchmark which uses maximum tesslation than any game but in this two nvida games i cannot even run tesslation.Nvidia sucks big time .Paying money to harrash ati users.

i've always loled each time people say this :lol: 
a c 271 U Graphics card
a c 168 Î Nvidia
February 10, 2011 4:29:20 PM

Griffolion said:
I wonder what ATI's developer program would be called?

It already exists and has done for some time, have you not heard of "Get in the game"?
a c 141 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
February 10, 2011 4:38:58 PM

honestly i do hope that ATI AMD work more with game developer like nvidia. if they did maybe nvidia will no longer can use 'dirty trick' to screw up over AMD user in games
a c 125 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
February 10, 2011 4:50:08 PM

Business is business at the end of the day... if nVidia choose to invest more money into game developement/compatibility then thats their choice, they shouldn't be restricted by what AMD do or don't do.
Its not underhanded, its not cheating or intentionally crippling AMD...
a c 271 U Graphics card
a c 168 Î Nvidia
February 10, 2011 4:53:52 PM

Rustyy117 said:
Business is business at the end of the day... if nVidia choose to invest more money into game developement/compatibility then thats their choice, they shouldn't be restricted by what AMD do or don't do.
Its not underhanded, its not cheating or intentionally crippling AMD...

The feeble minded lack the comprehension of such things.
a c 141 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
February 10, 2011 4:58:16 PM

Rustyy117 said:
Business is business at the end of the day...

this is how i see this thing since long ago :) 
!