Sign in with
Your question

Biostar Motherboard won't recognize any hard drives, but will recognize cd drive

Tags:
  • Chipsets
  • SATA
  • Biostar
  • CD Drives
  • Motherboards
  • Hard Drives
Last response: in Motherboards
March 25, 2012 1:26:45 AM

Hello, I recently purchased a Biostar TA990FXE motherboard and upon putting it in the case it will recognize my sata cd drive but not my Western Digital sata hard drive. I've tried moving it around to different sata slots and with all the cables I have, but to no avail. I've tried it with 3 known working hard drives and still can't get it to even recognize that it's there in BIOS. Any help would be appreciated.

More about : biostar motherboard recognize hard drives recognize drive

March 25, 2012 3:46:51 AM

Anyone have any ideas?
m
l
a c 162 V Motherboard
March 25, 2012 4:13:56 AM

did you put the hdd in the first sata plug and remove the cd drive connector try a restart to see if bios detect it
m
l
Related resources
March 25, 2012 6:01:32 AM

Yeah, I've tested all ports, it detects the cd drive fine. But it wont detect any of the hard drives I've tried.
m
l
a c 162 V Motherboard
March 25, 2012 8:39:25 PM

could you test that drive in another computer to see if it been detect by bios
m
l
a b V Motherboard
March 25, 2012 11:03:44 PM

Mokejin said:
Hello, I recently purchased a Biostar TA990FXE motherboard and upon putting it in the case it will recognize my sata cd drive but not my Western Digital sata hard drive. I've tried moving it around to different sata slots and with all the cables I have, but to no avail. I've tried it with 3 known working hard drives and still can't get it to even recognize that it's there in BIOS. Any help would be appreciated.

Could you try a different SATA cable. Try clear CMOS, there is jumper in motherboard to do it. It is written in the motherboards manual how to do it.
m
l
April 3, 2012 4:42:27 AM

Yeah I did all that, even RMA'd the board, and I just received a replacement and I'm still having the same problem. I even went and bought another HDD from Best Buy and it still wouldn't even recognize that one. There's got to be something I'm missing, but it's just not clicking.
m
l
a c 162 V Motherboard
April 3, 2012 6:56:31 PM

did you check the bios version there could be a update if your drive is a big one
m
l
April 3, 2012 9:12:01 PM

I'll try that when I get home, I should be able to put the update on a flash drive and run the update from that, right?
m
l
April 4, 2012 6:26:08 AM

Yeah nothing happened. And now my computer is deciding to randomly turn off in the bios menu.
m
l
a c 162 V Motherboard
April 5, 2012 1:10:24 AM

try cmos reset if this is do not work board got a problem you maybe need to rma her
m
l
!