Sign in with
Your question

FAR CRY 2 NOT WORKING

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 9, 2011 9:30:33 PM

Hello,
JUST UPGRADED FROM ATI X1950 PRO 512MB TO AN ZOTAC NVIDIA 1GB GTX460AMP. CARDS SWAPED AND DRIVERS INSTALLED. NOW MY FAR CRY 2 WILL NOT START? TRIED UNINSTALLING BOTH CARD DRIVERS AND GAME, BUT NO JOY...... HELP

WINDOWS ULTIMATE 7 64BIT, INTEL E8500 CORE2 3.2. 4BG XMS2, ASUS P5Q PRO M/B. GTX460 1GB

More about : cry working

a b Î Nvidia
February 9, 2011 9:50:54 PM

LOUD NOISES!!!!!!
February 9, 2011 9:58:57 PM

wolfram23 said:
LOUD NOISES!!!!!!

No noise, dvd spins down after splash screen appears, screen goes black like its about to load and then it just goes back to the desktop!
Related resources
a b Î Nvidia
February 9, 2011 10:11:05 PM

Ok.

What I recommend you do is download Driver Sweeper from Guru 3D.

Run the uninstallers in Add/Remove Programs for all ATI and Nvidia drivers then run Driver Sweeper (for extra caution, reboot after uninstall into safe mode to do this). Remove all traces of ATI and Nvidia (NOTE: Make sure it's display and PhysX drivers, not any chipset drivers if you have those)

Then reboot and reinstall Nvidia drivers.

February 9, 2011 10:11:07 PM

bikerboysja said:
No noise, dvd spins down after splash screen appears, screen goes black like its about to load and then it just goes back to the desktop!

lol oblivious...
February 9, 2011 10:18:18 PM

wolfram23 said:
Ok.

What I recommend you do is download Driver Sweeper from Guru 3D.

Run the uninstallers in Add/Remove Programs for all ATI and Nvidia drivers then run Driver Sweeper (for extra caution, reboot after uninstall into safe mode to do this). Remove all traces of ATI and Nvidia (NOTE: Make sure it's display and PhysX drivers, not any chipset drivers if you have those)

Then reboot and reinstall Nvidia drivers.

thanks will give it ago.
!