P8Z68-V-PRO Gen3 - BUG CODE USB DRIVER - Mobo Issue?

deadjon

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2009
Hey folks,

I recently installed a new Mobo and Processor for my house-mate and since installation his USB devices have been playing hell.

Mouse turns off randomly and sticks, keyboard turns off randomly, BSOD (BUG_CODE_USB_DRIVER)

We thought it was a HDD issue but he has 3, all 3 of them exhibit the same issue when plugged in seperatley. (tested with windows, I work in IT so I have LOADS of liscences)

We also checked all the USB drivers and reinstalled windows.

We then discovered that the mouse started sticking every now and again in the UFEI BIOS - which indicated a mobo issue, however when I flashed the BIOS to the latest release it seemed to fix the BIOS sticking of the mouse, but didnt fix it within windows OR windows installatoin.

I think this is a mobo issue, infact I'm 99% sure, HOWEVER, I love ASUS so much that I refuse to beleive it, and I dont like the idea of making him RMA it and get a new one.

Any second opinions?

[EDIT] - There were 2 bent (VERY SLIGHTLY) pins on the socket, is this the issue? I've never actually seen a bent socket pin in my life, is there any feasable way to bend it back?

deadjon

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2009
You know what, we never actually tested that...we only used the rear ports.

Didnt think it would matter, I assumed it would be the USB controller on the Mobo (which obviously controls the front and back ports)