Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

What are the difference between different cards, 560Ti,460, 470, 480

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
February 10, 2011 12:01:58 AM

Hello

Now that I am upgrading, I want to ask the differences between the 460, 470, 480 series and how do you know if you need a certain model?

I bought a 460 GTX Cyclone OC and now I am wondering if I should get something better.
I will build a SB pc after they release the mb again.

I want to have a good card to last me for the next year. Which one of these cards would be best if I could spend more money on a better card?

I play RTS, RPG, soon maybe a couple of first person shooters, and will probably play crysis and dead space2.

Should I get the 560 Ti since it is so cheap? It is almost the same price as the Hawk series from MSI.
a c 243 U Graphics card
February 10, 2011 12:45:30 AM

The GTX460 is a great card for 1920x1080 and below. Check out the chart. You should not upgrade unless it is 3 tiers or more up to see a real difference.

Edit: 560Ti is not on it yet but is roughly equal to a GTX470.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-car...
February 10, 2011 12:50:07 AM

anort3 said:
The GTX460 is a great card for 1920x1080 and below. Check out the chart. You should not upgrade unless it is 3 tiers or more up to see a real difference.

Edit: 560Ti is not on it yet but is roughly equal to a GTX470.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-car...


I havent opened the 460 1G oc yet. So maybe I should return it and get a 560 Ti?
Related resources
a c 243 U Graphics card
February 10, 2011 12:52:28 AM

I am happy as can be with my GTX460. The GTX560 is only 1 step up. I would keep the 460 myself especially since a return usually means a restock fee.

Edit: That 460 is a great overclocker and will equal or surpass a stock 560 easily.

Best solution

a c 153 U Graphics card
February 10, 2011 12:54:58 AM
Share
a c 243 U Graphics card
February 10, 2011 5:42:51 PM

A quality 500w unit should be fine and leave you headroom for overclocking.
February 11, 2011 12:45:09 AM

anort3 said:
I am happy as can be with my GTX460. The GTX560 is only 1 step up. I would keep the 460 myself especially since a return usually means a restock fee.

Edit: That 460 is a great overclocker and will equal or surpass a stock 560 easily.


Are you sure about this? I read lots of reviews and charts and it seems the 560 is ahead of the 460. The stores here in Japan do not charge a restock fee. As long as you have the reciept you can return for full refund.
If a 460 can truely be overclocked and bypass a 560 ti than I will keep the 460.

anort3 said:
A quality 500w unit should be fine and leave you headroom for overclocking.



I bought a 700 watt power supply. Overkill?
a c 243 U Graphics card
February 11, 2011 2:02:27 AM

A 560 is basically equal to a GTX470 and yes a GTX460 will overclock to meet or even exceed that card. Mine runs at 821-1642-2000 and will clock higher. Now a GTX560 can also be overclocked.......


700w will not hurt anything. I have a 750w when I only need a 550w but the sale I got it on was too good to pass up.
February 11, 2011 6:46:57 AM

anort3 said:
A 560 is basically equal to a GTX470 and yes a GTX460 will overclock to meet or even exceed that card. Mine runs at 821-1642-2000 and will clock higher. Now a GTX560 can also be overclocked.......


700w will not hurt anything. I have a 750w when I only need a 550w but the sale I got it on was too good to pass up.


I will think about it. If I had already opened the box of course I would keep the 460. But since I am in the early stages of upgrading compute/building computer, I think maybe I should get what I can for the money I have.

I will research more.

I am upgrading from a 8600 GTS. Both will be a big step up.
a c 243 U Graphics card
February 11, 2011 3:47:46 PM

With no restock fee you might as well get the best card you can. Go for the GTX560.
March 25, 2011 11:22:49 PM

anort3 said:
The GTX460 is a great card for 1920x1080 and below. Check out the chart. You should not upgrade unless it is 3 tiers or more up to see a real difference.

Edit: 560Ti is not on it yet but is roughly equal to a GTX470.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-car...


I have the same question as OP am upgrading my gpu am thinking gtx 560 ti because it is way cheaper than the 470... why is 470 so much more expensive if they are both about the same... am also wondering why 560 is higher number than 480 but is slightly lesser card... I thought the bigger the number of card meant it was more advanced?
April 1, 2011 1:49:53 AM

Best answer selected by g335.
a c 271 U Graphics card
February 23, 2012 11:33:14 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!