Something is wrong with my monitor or motherboard.

chris052692

Honorable
Mar 15, 2012
I recently purchased a XFX Radeon 6870 and I posted a problem with it in the GPU thread and I had to buy a new PSU to get it fixed.

Well, it worked fine for one day. I was able to play BFBC2 for one whole day without any issues (even though BC2 still lagged for some reason). The next day I start up my PC as usual and then the GPU starts cutting out and blacking out. By the way, I started getting this rpcqt.dill specified module not located error too.

Well, I take it out thinking its faulty (why it gets faulty after one day, I have no idea). So I put in my old GPU again, which is a 5670, I think, and hope that it works.

Well, the card doesn't start blacking out so I think I'm good. I ignore the rpcqt.dll error and then I click on Mozilla Firefox.

Bam! My monitor just goes blank like I pulled out the DVI cable or something. I restart my computer and leave it alone this time.

Same thing happens if I click on some other program. Okay, so I decide to wait out my PC.

I leave it on and then I go take a shower. I come back and everything is fine.

I play BC2 for another day on my old GPU without any issues.

The next day, I hope that everything is fixed. It isn't. It's gotten worse.

Now if I leave it alone then it still blacks out. Matter of fact, earlier today I left it alone and came back and my monitor had black and white strips going down vertically across the screen.

Now, how am I here typing this plea of help to you, you might ask? I have a guest account.

I go onto my guest account but the same problem doesn't occur. I can access the internet and do whatever.

So I've narrowed this issue down to my main, administrator account.

It isn't the result of a faulty GPU or a faulty monitor.

Does anyone here have any suggestions? I thought that my new GPU was too much for my motherboard so I thought that it had fried it or something. But that doesn't seem to be the case from my guest account.

Also, I tried CC cleaner Slim to try and get rid of the rpcqt.dll problem thing but it didn't work. (I also have Norton 360 so I don't think I have any malware problems.)

Once again, I am in desperate need of expert technical advice.

cTs Corvette

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2011
If it's only happening on one account, it's a driver issue or a software conflict of some sort. Realistically, the fastest, easiest way to fix it is to do a Windows reinstall. You could spend weeks trying to track down whatever the issue is and still not solve it.

chris052692

Honorable
Mar 15, 2012
Windows reinstall?

Would that require me to buy a CD or something? How would I go about reinstalling Windows and how would that affect my personal files and documents?

I'm sorry, I'm not very good with computers at all.

completely uninstall your graphics drivers, reboot, install newest drivers. If that doesnt work try the windows forums on registry fixing topics. If you cant get it maybe do a windows reinstall, its not your hardware its purely software.

chris052692

Honorable
Mar 15, 2012

Yes, but how do I do a windows reinstall? I don't have a CD so how would I go about doing this?

cTs Corvette

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2011
Do you have some sort of recovery disc? If not, you're probably better off taking your computer to a reputable local repair person and letting them back up all your stuff and doing the reinstall for you, assuming, of course, that you have a valid Windows license.

chris052692

Honorable
Mar 15, 2012

I actually did a system restore and now my main account doesn't go black.

One problem though . . . for some reason the network on my guest account has been deleted and I don't know how to get it back.

So basically, no internet for guest account. I have no idea what happened to the network. It just disappeared.