Sign in with
Your question

Something is wrong with my monitor or motherboard.

Last response: in Motherboards
March 25, 2012 4:54:02 PM

I recently purchased a XFX Radeon 6870 and I posted a problem with it in the GPU thread and I had to buy a new PSU to get it fixed.

Well, it worked fine for one day. I was able to play BFBC2 for one whole day without any issues (even though BC2 still lagged for some reason). The next day I start up my PC as usual and then the GPU starts cutting out and blacking out. By the way, I started getting this rpcqt.dill specified module not located error too.

Well, I take it out thinking its faulty (why it gets faulty after one day, I have no idea). So I put in my old GPU again, which is a 5670, I think, and hope that it works.

Well, the card doesn't start blacking out so I think I'm good. I ignore the rpcqt.dll error and then I click on Mozilla Firefox.

Bam! My monitor just goes blank like I pulled out the DVI cable or something. I restart my computer and leave it alone this time.

Same thing happens if I click on some other program. Okay, so I decide to wait out my PC.

I leave it on and then I go take a shower. I come back and everything is fine.

I play BC2 for another day on my old GPU without any issues.

The next day, I hope that everything is fixed. It isn't. It's gotten worse.

Now if I leave it alone then it still blacks out. Matter of fact, earlier today I left it alone and came back and my monitor had black and white strips going down vertically across the screen.

Now, how am I here typing this plea of help to you, you might ask? I have a guest account.

I go onto my guest account but the same problem doesn't occur. I can access the internet and do whatever.

So I've narrowed this issue down to my main, administrator account.

It isn't the result of a faulty GPU or a faulty monitor.

Does anyone here have any suggestions? I thought that my new GPU was too much for my motherboard so I thought that it had fried it or something. But that doesn't seem to be the case from my guest account.

Also, I tried CC cleaner Slim to try and get rid of the rpcqt.dll problem thing but it didn't work. (I also have Norton 360 so I don't think I have any malware problems.)

Once again, I am in desperate need of expert technical advice.
March 25, 2012 5:34:15 PM

If it's only happening on one account, it's a driver issue or a software conflict of some sort. Realistically, the fastest, easiest way to fix it is to do a Windows reinstall. You could spend weeks trying to track down whatever the issue is and still not solve it.
m
l
March 25, 2012 5:38:12 PM

Windows reinstall?

Would that require me to buy a CD or something? How would I go about reinstalling Windows and how would that affect my personal files and documents?

I'm sorry, I'm not very good with computers at all.
m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
a b C Monitor
March 25, 2012 5:39:23 PM

completely uninstall your graphics drivers, reboot, install newest drivers. If that doesnt work try the windows forums on registry fixing topics. If you cant get it maybe do a windows reinstall, its not your hardware its purely software.
m
l
March 26, 2012 2:31:09 AM

stickg1 said:
completely uninstall your graphics drivers, reboot, install newest drivers. If that doesnt work try the windows forums on registry fixing topics. If you cant get it maybe do a windows reinstall, its not your hardware its purely software.

Yes, but how do I do a windows reinstall? I don't have a CD so how would I go about doing this?
m
l
March 26, 2012 2:57:04 AM

Do you have some sort of recovery disc? If not, you're probably better off taking your computer to a reputable local repair person and letting them back up all your stuff and doing the reinstall for you, assuming, of course, that you have a valid Windows license.
m
l
April 2, 2012 6:10:50 AM

cTs Corvette said:
Do you have some sort of recovery disc? If not, you're probably better off taking your computer to a reputable local repair person and letting them back up all your stuff and doing the reinstall for you, assuming, of course, that you have a valid Windows license.

I actually did a system restore and now my main account doesn't go black.

One problem though . . . for some reason the network on my guest account has been deleted and I don't know how to get it back.

So basically, no internet for guest account. I have no idea what happened to the network. It just disappeared.
m
l
!