Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Can I make any adjustments to my gfx card to improve fps in games?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
February 10, 2011 3:13:54 AM

i have an nvidia quardro nvs 140m. approx memory on card is 2 gigs. I get low fps in WoW. when i check for updates for it it says it is up to date. is there anything else i can do to improve fps?
February 10, 2011 3:28:23 AM

rajohns08 said:
i have an nvidia quardro nvs 140m. approx memory on card is 2 gigs. I get low fps in WoW. when i check for updates for it it says it is up to date. is there anything else i can do to improve fps?


you know that quadro aint mean for gaming right? and the "gaming" quadro that equal to maintream gaming card usually cost sky high....

no..no way...even you're manage to overclock it up insanely high it still won't help much. consider quadro "nvs" 140m is only equivalent to 7100 gs or 6050 and that "nvs" is probably the lowest end of quadro series you can possibly get...

result, get yourself a better gfx like 5670/gt430 or above will make huge leap in gaming experience, even though they're still weaker than 9600gt.
m
0
l
February 10, 2011 3:37:33 AM

cheesesubs said:
you know that quadro aint mean for gaming right? and the "gaming" quadro that equal to maintream gaming card usually cost sky high....

no..no way...even you're manage to overclock it up insanely high it still won't help much. consider quadro "nvs" 140m is only equivalent to 7100 gs or 6050 and that "nvs" is probably the lowest end of quadro series you can possibly get...

result, get yourself a better gfx like 5670/gt430 or above will make huge leap in gaming experience, even though they're still weaker than 9600gt.


its on laptop though. so i cant just replace gfx card can i
m
0
l
Related resources
a c 106 U Graphics card
February 10, 2011 3:44:22 AM

No. Even if you were to somehow volt mod it, cool it with liquid nitrogen, and overclock the hell out of it to get 3 times the speed you would still have a slow GPU with low fps. There's a reason that a mid range 5770 has 5 times the transistors as your quatro. The best you can do is softmod it to a down clocked 8600M. If you manage to do that the drivers will behave in a way that is optimized for games and that should provide you with some improvement
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
February 10, 2011 4:56:16 AM

rajohns08 said:
its on laptop though. so i cant just replace gfx card can i


You have no choice, replace the laptop.

That's the major caveat when using laptops for gaming.
m
0
l
February 10, 2011 3:52:56 PM

rajohns08 said:
its on laptop though. so i cant just replace gfx card can i


Sure you can - you go out and buy a new one.... problem fixed.....
m
0
l
February 10, 2011 9:05:09 PM

rajohns08 said:
its on laptop though. so i cant just replace gfx card can i


most laptop ain't meant for gaming...you're use it in the wrong way. unless you can buy yourself a gaming laptop this problem will not solve.

otherwise play it on desktop.
m
0
l
!