intel i5 2550k 3.4Ghz
Cooler master v8
16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM
Asus HD 7770 1GB
OCZ Agility3 60GB SSD
Hitachi 250 GB HDD
Corsair TX850 PSU
Asus Blu-ray burner

When I turn it on it gives me the single POST beep and I can get into the Bios just fine. It hangs on q code AE or sometimes A2. I have reset CMOS, unplugged everything but the minimum and I flashed the Bios to the current 0302. Everytime I try to install Windows it starts the process but before it get to the partition portion of it I get a Blue screen that tells me the drive may not have enough space or the Bios needs an update. I know that the hard drives works because I used it as storage in a different pc. The bios see the HDD and reads it as 250GB. Tried using just the SSD as well same exact problem. I have spent two days on this and I am lost any help would be greatly appreciated.

March 25, 2012 6:29:50 PM

tidashawkwind said:
Hi I just set up my first build and I am having a bit of trouble. my rig is

Cooler Master HAF 922
Asus p8z68 deluxe/gen3
intel i5 2550k 3.4Ghz
Cooler master v8
Asus HD 7770 1GB
OCZ Agility3 60GB SSD
Hitachi 250 GB HDD
Corsair TX850 PSU
Asus Blu-ray burner

When I turn it on it gives me the single POST beep and I can get into the Bios just fine. It hangs on q code AE or sometimes A2. I have reset CMOS, unplugged everything but the minimum and I flashed the Bios to the current 0302. Everytime I try to install Windows it starts the process but before it get to the partition portion of it I get a Blue screen that tells me the drive may not have enough space or the Bios needs an update. I know that the hard drives works because I used it as storage in a different pc. The bios see the HDD and reads it as 250GB. Tried using just the SSD as well same exact problem. I have spent two days on this and I am lost any help would be greatly appreciated.

That Bios version should be 3202
m
l
a b V Motherboard
March 25, 2012 10:58:43 PM

tidashawkwind said:
Hi I just set up my first build and I am having a bit of trouble. my rig is

Cooler Master HAF 922
Asus p8z68 deluxe/gen3
intel i5 2550k 3.4Ghz
Cooler master v8
Asus HD 7770 1GB
OCZ Agility3 60GB SSD
Hitachi 250 GB HDD
Corsair TX850 PSU
Asus Blu-ray burner

Do you have another PC where you can reformat the HDD and delete the partition on it? Maybe your friends have.
m
l
Related resources
March 26, 2012 6:02:04 PM

aqe040466 said:
Do you have another PC where you can reformat the HDD and delete the partition on it? Maybe your friends have.

I do have another pc it is the 1 that this 250GB HAD came from. I did the reformat before switching it over to the new build.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
March 26, 2012 7:42:56 PM

tidashawkwind said:
I do have another pc it is the 1 that this 250GB HAD came from. I did the reformat before switching it over to the new build.

Download and update the SATA (AHCI, RAID) driver from Intel. Update also the driver for the Z68 chipset from Intel.
m
l
April 5, 2012 6:27:35 PM

After a lot of trial and error I finally found the problem. Turns out that my version of windows xp was too old in order to install on the system. I had to slipstream the service packs into my copy of windows xp in order for it to work. Still had a few issues with xp so I decided to go with windows 7 and everything is working great. Thank you aqe040466 for taking the time to help me.
m
l
!