Asus p8z68 deluxe/gen3 post issue

Hi I just set up my first build and I am having a bit of trouble. my rig is

Cooler Master HAF 922
Asus p8z68 deluxe/gen3
intel i5 2550k 3.4Ghz
Cooler master v8
16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM
Asus HD 7770 1GB
OCZ Agility3 60GB SSD
Hitachi 250 GB HDD
Corsair TX850 PSU
Asus Blu-ray burner

When I turn it on it gives me the single POST beep and I can get into the Bios just fine. It hangs on q code AE or sometimes A2. I have reset CMOS, unplugged everything but the minimum and I flashed the Bios to the current 0302. Everytime I try to install Windows it starts the process but before it get to the partition portion of it I get a Blue screen that tells me the drive may not have enough space or the Bios needs an update. I know that the hard drives works because I used it as storage in a different pc. The bios see the HDD and reads it as 250GB. Tried using just the SSD as well same exact problem. I have spent two days on this and I am lost any help would be greatly appreciated.
5 answers Last reply
More about asus p8z68 deluxe gen3 post issue
  1. tidashawkwind said:
    Hi I just set up my first build and I am having a bit of trouble. my rig is

    Cooler Master HAF 922
    Asus p8z68 deluxe/gen3
    intel i5 2550k 3.4Ghz
    Cooler master v8
    16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM
    Asus HD 7770 1GB
    OCZ Agility3 60GB SSD
    Hitachi 250 GB HDD
    Corsair TX850 PSU
    Asus Blu-ray burner

    When I turn it on it gives me the single POST beep and I can get into the Bios just fine. It hangs on q code AE or sometimes A2. I have reset CMOS, unplugged everything but the minimum and I flashed the Bios to the current 0302. Everytime I try to install Windows it starts the process but before it get to the partition portion of it I get a Blue screen that tells me the drive may not have enough space or the Bios needs an update. I know that the hard drives works because I used it as storage in a different pc. The bios see the HDD and reads it as 250GB. Tried using just the SSD as well same exact problem. I have spent two days on this and I am lost any help would be greatly appreciated.

    That Bios version should be 3202
  2. tidashawkwind said:
    Hi I just set up my first build and I am having a bit of trouble. my rig is

    Cooler Master HAF 922
    Asus p8z68 deluxe/gen3
    intel i5 2550k 3.4Ghz
    Cooler master v8
    16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM
    Asus HD 7770 1GB
    OCZ Agility3 60GB SSD
    Hitachi 250 GB HDD
    Corsair TX850 PSU
    Asus Blu-ray burner

    When I turn it on it gives me the single POST beep and I can get into the Bios just fine. It hangs on q code AE or sometimes A2. I have reset CMOS, unplugged everything but the minimum and I flashed the Bios to the current 0302. Everytime I try to install Windows it starts the process but before it get to the partition portion of it I get a Blue screen that tells me the drive may not have enough space or the Bios needs an update. I know that the hard drives works because I used it as storage in a different pc. The bios see the HDD and reads it as 250GB. Tried using just the SSD as well same exact problem. I have spent two days on this and I am lost any help would be greatly appreciated.



    Do you have another PC where you can reformat the HDD and delete the partition on it? Maybe your friends have.
  3. aqe040466 said:
    Do you have another PC where you can reformat the HDD and delete the partition on it? Maybe your friends have.

    I do have another pc it is the 1 that this 250GB HAD came from. I did the reformat before switching it over to the new build.
  4. tidashawkwind said:
    I do have another pc it is the 1 that this 250GB HAD came from. I did the reformat before switching it over to the new build.



    Download and update the SATA (AHCI, RAID) driver from Intel. Update also the driver for the Z68 chipset from Intel.
  5. After a lot of trial and error I finally found the problem. Turns out that my version of windows xp was too old in order to install on the system. I had to slipstream the service packs into my copy of windows xp in order for it to work. Still had a few issues with xp so I decided to go with windows 7 and everything is working great. Thank you aqe040466 for taking the time to help me.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Asus Cooler Master