NO GPU boost?

I have a i 2600k running on a p8z68 pro-v platform with a msi twin frozr 3 6950 2gb graphics card. I dont see a gpu boost feature in my suite thing. Is it because i got my graphics card installed and if it is could i enable the gpu to increase performance?
12 answers Last reply
More about boost
  1. Have you visited the Vurtu control panel?
  2. geekapproved said:
    Have you visited the Vurtu control panel?

where is that located at? and would it improve my performance?
  3. Define performance. If you mean gaming, no, it won't. If you mean using Quicksync for the encoding (etc) programs that can use it, then yes it will.

http://www.intel.com/technology/quicksync/index.htm

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/sandy-bridge-core-i7-2600k-core-i5-2500k,2833-5.html

The integrated can't help your 6950 in gaming, it would only slow it down.
  4. Chapter 5 page 8-10 of your manual. Read it. It explains all about LucidLogix Virtu and how to install/use it.
  5. oh ok so it slows my graphics down then?
  6. No, it won't do anything for gaming. Only for encoding video or the like.
  7. The only thing it's good for is encoding using the igp.

The power savings really is a joke because the cards are already made to clock themselves down really low when in 2d mode.
  8. Oh ok, do you guys think I should enable it or leave it? I do run bots *rs bots on runescape... if I were to turn this gpu thing on, would it lower my graphics cards performance or leave it the same?
  9. Should be the same, but you could try both ways and let us know.
  10. oh the performance should be the same then?
  11. how do i do it then? and how can i check if the performance gets decreases?>
  12. blue90 said:
    how do i do it then? and how can i check if the performance gets decreases?>

Do what? All the info you need is in your manual READ IT.

You check performance differences by running a graphics benchmark like 3dmark11.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs GPUs Graphics Cards