Sign in with
Your question

Weird Buzzing Noise When Playing BF3

Last response: in Motherboards
March 25, 2012 6:17:48 PM

Hello! Every time I play Battlefield 3, my PC makes this weird buzzing noise, and I suspect the motherboard is making the noise, but I am not sure. So, I have 2 questions. First off, what is the buzzing, and secondly, what can I do about it? My specs are listed below.

Processor: i5-2500k
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3
RAM: GeIL Evo Two 8gb (2x4gb) DDR3 1866mhz
Case: Broadway Com Corp A3728 with Blue Fan
Power Supply: Coolmax CUL-750B
HDD: WD 160gb 7200rpm SATA2 HDD
Disc Drive: LG WH12LS39
Graphics Card: ASUS ENGTX580 DirectCU 2
March 26, 2012 4:41:53 PM

There are 2 different noticeable buzzing, one is from the PSU, some psus can do that buzzing noise.
And also it can be a video card noise since you check it only when under stress I believe it is a video card buzzing noise it is common on some specific models normally from cheap brands I’ve had a 560 TI that was doing this noise under stress, and I bought another from a good brand and never noticed it, but anyway there is nothing to worry about, this is a common video card problem, and a lot of people have it and just don't notice.
April 2, 2012 6:51:18 PM

So, should I just buy a new graphics card?
Related resources
April 2, 2012 7:43:57 PM

no if it is the graphics card buzzing you are ok, it is normal. unless you really can't live with teh buzzing, than you should change it.

but make sure it is really graphics card problem, it can be PSU buzzing too, but anywais you are ok, no need to change anything. buzzing is common on some graphics cards and on some psus.
April 2, 2012 8:08:52 PM

There can be a multitude of things causing "Buzzing". Crap speakers, crap on-board sound cards (Mine makes a shez-load of noise with USB devices plugged in on the front panel), vibrations from the speakers, etc.

Will need more info on your general "Setup" (Volume, positioning of speakers, etc.)
a b V Motherboard
April 3, 2012 3:39:38 AM

Does it buzz only when MSAA is on in BF3?
If it does, its the video card , nothing to worry about, its a common thing for some cards when they are under heavy load
!