P5N-D BSOD, Any real clues out there?

semedia

Honorable
Mar 25, 2012
Hello,
I am having this problem and have not been able to find any solution. I edit video but my system shuts down for no reason without warning. I am running win 7 64bit, 8G RAM. Why are there so many of you out there like me who have bought ASUS products without resolution or support? Is there any answers or service technicians in the Raleigh/Rocky Mount NC area who are experienced with these problem rather than buying a new motherboard with extensive service contrats? Please help or recommend someone in my location who can help or lead to good source of technical help!!

There could be several reasons, including bad drivers, RAM, or a failing power supply. If the motherboard was stable when you used WinXP (I know you didn't say that, but W7 was not out when the motherboard was released), then something has changed. I would first be sure that all your drivers are W7-compatible. Then I would test the RAM with memtest86+; download a bootable image for a CD or USB stick about 1/2-way down the page. If the RAM passes (each stick and then all together), I would replace the power supply. Buy a quality 500W-600W PSU; Corsair, Seasonic, and Antec (and others make reliable PSUs), just don't buy a cheap, off-brand, and make sure it is at least 80+ Bronze certified.

semedia

Honorable
Mar 25, 2012
Thanks,
I have replaced the power supply with a 700w Antec unit . I have tried using driver updates as recommended by users here. Is there anyone who is using win 7 64 successfully? I will try the options you listed. Thanks!!

semedia

Honorable
Mar 25, 2012
I have restarted my computer using safe mode with networking and it has not shut off yet but when I go back to win 7 64 it shuts down with different fault codes each time. Could my motherboard not like 64 bit. It started happening back when I installed motherboard with no other software loaded. Thats why I changed power supply and video cards.

semedia