Windows 2003 server Wireless lan driver for IBM ThinkPad R51

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
April 29, 2005 5:34:24 PM

Hi,

I've tried to install the Wireless driver for Windows XP on an IBM
ThinkPad model R51 (type 2887-K2G), but the installation program shows
the message:

ERROR - OS Section not found in INI file [iProInst.ini]

and exits.

Unfortunately it is not possible from the IBM driver downloads to
download drivers for Windows 2003 server (the automatic driver
download/install software does not help either).

If anyone knows howto hack the iProInst.ini file (or any other tips and
tricks) to install the driver then please let me know!

Best regards
Thomas
May 22, 2005 5:33:04 PM

Thomas, did you find a workaround?
I am trying the same thing wih a Dell Inspiron XPS Gen 2
regards,
Baltico MCP

hyldgaard@hotmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've tried to install the Wireless driver for Windows XP on an IBM
> ThinkPad model R51 (type 2887-K2G), but the installation program
shows
> the message:
>
> ERROR - OS Section not found in INI file [iProInst.ini]
>
> and exits.
>
> Unfortunately it is not possible from the IBM driver downloads to
> download drivers for Windows 2003 server (the automatic driver
> download/install software does not help either).
>
> If anyone knows howto hack the iProInst.ini file (or any other tips
and
> tricks) to install the driver then please let me know!
>
> Best regards
> Thomas
August 2, 2009 10:51:55 PM

That link is now dead but you can get the drivers from http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?...
extra them but dont run the setup, then use windows device manager and point it at the drivers in the extraction location\XP\X32\Drives
and itll work fine (dont run the install file) :)
!