Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Video
  • Dell
  • Graphics
  • Product
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 10, 2011 3:50:32 PM

i need a video upgrade card pci-e that will support two monitors 1600 by 1200 with two DVI output in a dell optiplex 755 mid case.
any suggestions?

More about : dell 755 video upgrade

a c 234 U Graphics card
February 10, 2011 3:56:12 PM

What is your budget and the primary purpose of your system (development, audio/video/photo editing, gaming, etc).

Also, what is the power rating of your power supply (label on the side of it)?
February 11, 2011 2:36:41 PM

Upgrading Video
Correction - mid tower Cabinet- Two monitor DVI requirement-No gaming requirements- remote desktop to server running 1600 x 1200 res on the remote desktop. Any less res or more will not fit on the screen completely or in a window on the local screen. If we could match the resolution of the remote screen i believe we would be very happy. Cost is a factor. Thanks for your help.
Related resources
a c 234 U Graphics card
February 11, 2011 6:05:46 PM

I good 2-DVI GPU would be a FireGL V3600. It doesn't have a huge power supply requirement, is fairly quiet, and works well for all applications (including some gaming). Getting 2 DVI connectors, means stepping up to a higher end GPU or using adapters. The FireGL V3600 requires no adapters. I use one with my video editing rig and I have been very happy with it. Below is a link:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

There are also many low end ATI and Nvidia based solutions (you would have to use at least one adapter).

Good luck!
July 26, 2012 4:44:51 PM

Need a cheep alternative?
Try the StarTech AV display port to VGA adapter converter. DP2vga2 they cost about $18.00 - $20.00.
The easy way to get dual monitors. I was looking myself but didn't need it for gaming just to spread out spread sheets and allow me to work on other things at the same time. This is what I found.
!