HD 2600 XT vs 890GX vs Hybrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpamShadow

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2010
I have two options with my new build, I can use the integrated 4290, the discrete 2600XT, or I can try and use Hybrid Crossfire. Has anyone seen a build actually use Hybrid Crossfire? I'm suspicious that it doesn't actually exist and AMD just came up with it for fun (j/k). I hate that the 2600XT has a passive heatsink, I don't like putting something that hot in my computer, but if its performance over the 4290 is worth it I can live with it.

Opinions? Ideas? Thanks.

Solution
"but if its performance over the 4290 is worth it I can live with it." With the 2600xt you can play games, with the other one you can not.

If the new PC is for media play, just use the 2600xt if you already have it. The performance in 1080p should be better. Worst case you tie a 80mm cooler to it and forget about it if it gets hot. (never seen a passive 2600xt before, not that i searched)

EDIT: as for hybrid..i would not bother. It can give you better performance or more headaches. I will let the guys that used it to comment about it.

ionut19

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2008
"but if its performance over the 4290 is worth it I can live with it." With the 2600xt you can play games, with the other one you can not.

If the new PC is for media play, just use the 2600xt if you already have it. The performance in 1080p should be better. Worst case you tie a 80mm cooler to it and forget about it if it gets hot. (never seen a passive 2600xt before, not that i searched)

EDIT: as for hybrid..i would not bother. It can give you better performance or more headaches. I will let the guys that used it to comment about it.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.