When 8 pin power conector of mother board p67 put into the socket ,

Tags:
  • Asus
  • Motherboards
  • Power
  • Socket
Last response: in Motherboards
March 26, 2012 6:49:35 PM

Hello,When 8 pin power connector of mother board p67 put into the socket , power off from mother board ,
but when pull out 8pin and keep 24 pin only ,all the fans working but no display , why? Do i have change my mother board or is there any way that I can correct it?. thanks,

More about : pin power conector mother board p67 put socket

March 26, 2012 7:16:31 PM

Hello. What are you asking? That makes no sense. Please rephrase your question so somebody can understand and help you.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
March 26, 2012 7:29:01 PM

PMentior said:
Hello. What are you asking? That makes no sense. Please rephrase your question so somebody can understand and help you.

I think he's trying to do the best "Tech guy" Sean Connery voice.
m
l
Related resources
March 26, 2012 7:35:20 PM

I read "when 8-pin connector on the motherboard is disconnected, it turns off. why does it do this?"

Answer: The 8-pin connector is required for operation.
m
l
March 26, 2012 8:05:35 PM

mfleming001 said:
I read "when 8-pin connector on the motherboard is disconnected, it turns off. why does it do this?"

Answer: The 8-pin connector is required for operation.

,When 8 pin power connector of mother board p67 put into the socket , power off from mother board ,
but when pull out 8pin and keep 24 pin only ,all the fans working but no display , why? Do i have change my mother board or is there any way that I can correct it?. thanks,

m
l
March 26, 2012 8:06:07 PM

Chainzsaw said:
I think he's trying to do the best "Tech guy" Sean Connery voice.

,When 8 pin power connector of mother board p67 put into the socket , power off from mother board ,

m
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 198 V Motherboard
March 26, 2012 8:06:42 PM

The 8-pin is for the CPU.

Are you saying the power when off when you have both the 8-pin and 24-pin plug in? What your motherboard make and model? the PSU make and model? and the rest of your computer spec.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
March 26, 2012 8:37:09 PM

I don't see the difficulty here. This is a common question with an easy answer.

The system will not POST either way. If the CPU is getting power the system is smart enough to not start.

If the CPU has no power then the system is NOT smart enough to power down... it does not post but the fans keep spinning.

The correct thing to do is leave the CPU power in place and find the correct problem. This is all covered in this checklist:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-ste...
m
l
a b V Motherboard
March 26, 2012 8:42:27 PM

OK look, I'll clarify the question:

"When I leave the 8-pin CPU power unplugged, all the fans and lights work. HOWEVER, when I plug the 8-pin CPU power in and try to start the system, NOTHING works. No lights or fans. Why?

How can I fix this?"

Does that help everyone?
m
l