TOEE - Newbie questions (I think)

I just started playing this game, and (so far) find it to be quite OK. I
have a few questions, though...

1. The Moathouse: Do I actually get a quest that requries me to go to the
Moathouse, or is it just the rumours about the bandits?

2. When I recruit to my party, I (for now) choose the first and best I find.
When I later will want to remove som NPC, will the level of the new NPC
match my party?

3. Any good ways to guard against the NPCs overburdening themselves with
junk, or stealing quest items?

Thanx,

Dag-Heine
3 answers Last reply
More about toee newbie questions think
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    > 1. The Moathouse: Do I actually get a quest that requries me to go to the
    > Moathouse, or is it just the rumours about the bandits?

    I got an answer for that one.... the others still apply, though...
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    To answer your questions

    1. You get the moathouse quest by someone mentioning it to you, then showing
    you where it is. Spugnoir inm the tavern in Hommlet is probably the easiest
    to get the location from.

    2. NPC levels are already set and will always be the same when you meet them
    regardless of your own levels.

    3. The only way to stop NPC's getting overburdened with loot for sure is to
    install the 'vicks and wedge mod' which you should be able to find at
    www.sorcerers.net/Games/ToEE or several other mod sites. Although, you are
    safe with Elmo, like he says, he only takes cash. Also, when you go to
    stores, NPCs will buy and sell stuff at their own discretion, sometimes not
    very wisely. I found this out when I gave some good magic swords to some
    characters I used mainly as archers, as a back-up. I didn't realise that
    they'd sold them until we were pressed in battle and I suddenly found they
    had no melee weapons. To make it worse, when you return to stores, the stuff
    you sell isn't there anymore so I couldn't get these weapons back. All in
    all, I'd say install the mod.

    "Dag-Heine Bjørndal" <fake@mail.net> wrote in message
    > I just started playing this game, and (so far) find it to be quite OK. I
    > have a few questions, though...
    >
    > 1. The Moathouse: Do I actually get a quest that requries me to go to the
    > Moathouse, or is it just the rumours about the bandits?
    >
    > 2. When I recruit to my party, I (for now) choose the first and best I
    find.
    > When I later will want to remove som NPC, will the level of the new NPC
    > match my party?
    >
    > 3. Any good ways to guard against the NPCs overburdening themselves with
    > junk, or stealing quest items?
    >
    > Thanx,
    >
    > Dag-Heine

  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    Thanx a bunch, pal.

    DH

    "Michael Bourke" <m_bourke@paradise.net.nz> wrote in message
    > To answer your questions
    >
    > 1. You get the moathouse quest by someone mentioning it to you, then
    showing
    > you where it is. Spugnoir inm the tavern in Hommlet is probably the
    easiest
    > to get the location from.
    >
    > 2. NPC levels are already set and will always be the same when you meet
    them
    > regardless of your own levels.
    >
    > 3. The only way to stop NPC's getting overburdened with loot for sure is
    > install the 'vicks and wedge mod' which you should be able to find at
    > www.sorcerers.net/Games/ToEE or several other mod sites. Although, you are
    > safe with Elmo, like he says, he only takes cash. Also, when you go to
    > stores, NPCs will buy and sell stuff at their own discretion, sometimes
    not
    > very wisely. I found this out when I gave some good magic swords to some
    > characters I used mainly as archers, as a back-up. I didn't realise that
    > they'd sold them until we were pressed in battle and I suddenly found they
    > had no melee weapons. To make it worse, when you return to stores, the
    stuff
    > you sell isn't there anymore so I couldn't get these weapons back. All in
    > all, I'd say install the mod.
    >

    > "Dag-Heine Bjørndal" <fake@mail.net> wrote in message
    > > I just started playing this game, and (so far) find it to be quite OK. I
    > > have a few questions, though...
    > >
    > > 1. The Moathouse: Do I actually get a quest that requries me to go to
    the
    > > Moathouse, or is it just the rumours about the bandits?
    > >
    > > 2. When I recruit to my party, I (for now) choose the first and best I
    > find.
    > > When I later will want to remove som NPC, will the level of the new NPC
    > > match my party?
    > >
    > > 3. Any good ways to guard against the NPCs overburdening themselves with
    > > junk, or stealing quest items?
    > >
    > > Thanx,
    > >
    > > Dag-Heine

Games Video Games