TOEE - Newbie questions (I think)

I just started playing this game, and (so far) find it to be quite OK. I
have a few questions, though...

1. The Moathouse: Do I actually get a quest that requries me to go to the
Moathouse, or is it just the rumours about the bandits?

2. When I recruit to my party, I (for now) choose the first and best I find.
When I later will want to remove som NPC, will the level of the new NPC
match my party?

3. Any good ways to guard against the NPCs overburdening themselves with
junk, or stealing quest items?

Thanx,

Dag-Heine

> 1. The Moathouse: Do I actually get a quest that requries me to go to the
> Moathouse, or is it just the rumours about the bandits?

I got an answer for that one.... the others still apply, though...

To answer your questions

1. You get the moathouse quest by someone mentioning it to you, then showing
you where it is. Spugnoir inm the tavern in Hommlet is probably the easiest
to get the location from.

2. NPC levels are already set and will always be the same when you meet them
regardless of your own levels.

3. The only way to stop NPC's getting overburdened with loot for sure is to
install the 'vicks and wedge mod' which you should be able to find at
www.sorcerers.net/Games/ToEE or several other mod sites. Although, you are
safe with Elmo, like he says, he only takes cash. Also, when you go to
stores, NPCs will buy and sell stuff at their own discretion, sometimes not
very wisely. I found this out when I gave some good magic swords to some
characters I used mainly as archers, as a back-up. I didn't realise that
they'd sold them until we were pressed in battle and I suddenly found they
had no melee weapons. To make it worse, when you return to stores, the stuff
you sell isn't there anymore so I couldn't get these weapons back. All in
all, I'd say install the mod.

"Dag-Heine Bjørndal" <fake@mail.net> wrote in message
> I just started playing this game, and (so far) find it to be quite OK. I
> have a few questions, though...
>
> 1. The Moathouse: Do I actually get a quest that requries me to go to the
> Moathouse, or is it just the rumours about the bandits?
>
> 2. When I recruit to my party, I (for now) choose the first and best I
find.
> When I later will want to remove som NPC, will the level of the new NPC
> match my party?
>
> 3. Any good ways to guard against the NPCs overburdening themselves with
> junk, or stealing quest items?
>
> Thanx,
>
> Dag-Heine

Thanx a bunch, pal.