Epson 2100 usb problem

bartaz1

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2001
Has anyone had any problems with an Epson 2100 printer using an USB 2.0 port. Since I have installed the software, the printer works O.K, but when I try to shutdown the P.C will just restart. I have an MSI KT4V mobo with an Athlon XP2400 Processor and running Win2K Pro with SP2 installed and I have also loaded the USB 2.0 drivers that came with the motherboard. I havent tryed plugging the Printer into an USB 1.0 port yet, I thought I would ask the question first.

Thanks.

sbolinger2

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2002
I had a weird printer problem with an HP Photo Printer where a parallel port connection would work, but the USB would not. The fix was in a bios upgrade for the Mobo(which was an ati). In your case I'd guess it's either a bios issue with your msi mobo or a win2k problem. Try a different win2k driver or mobo bios version. good luck.

:tongue: <font color=blue>My job is to polish</font color=blue> <font color=green>turds</font color=green><font color=blue>, I</font color=blue> <font color=red>love</font color=red> <font color=blue>my job.</font color=blue>