Asus m5a97 evo wont post

nitromd

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012
Hello, My new Asus M5a97 won't post. I even took out the memory and video card and still no beeps or any indication that it is working. The cpu fan, video card fan and HD start up but nothin on the video. my build Asus m5a97 Evo Phenom II 960T XFX radeon HD 6870 Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) OCZ 600W mod psu

T4mv

Honorable
Aug 19, 2012
Ok, I don't have the solution, but I'd like to jump in as someone with the same issue. New build with the same mobo, fx-8150 CPU, 16gb RAM, 650w PSU, and a simple PCI video card (still awaiting arrival of the final video card).
Assembly went without a hitch. Power on results in power LED lighting, DVD gets power, and the big green LED(standby power) on the mobo lights up as well as the two smaller green ones for TPU and EPU, if enabled. All other POST LEDs are off. The display immediately shows Entering Power Save and the display LEDs go from green to amber. I have no speaker in the chassis, so I don't really hear any beeps, though I've heard sounds coming from the mobo?

Anyway, indications are that the display is not getting a signal from the card, but I don't even get any indication that it's even going through POST and the BIOS? Thoughts and suggestions most appreciated.

Also, I have re-seated all connections and the CPU & fan, everything seemed as it should be prior to initial power up, but the results were still the same.

T4mv

Honorable
Aug 19, 2012
The solution to my particular issue was that the BIOS version that came out of the box with my mobo was not compatible with the FX-8150 CPU that was installed on it. After the retailer flashed it to the latest rev, the pc booted into BIOS, etc without issues.

"Hello, My new Asus M5a97 won't post."
welcome to the club.
Get another motherboard.
AND if it says: "Intel" or Gigabyte" on it, you will probably do much better.

"without issues"
what you really mean is "without issues, YET."
give it a couple weeks....

didmore

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
The cpu fan, video card fan and HD start up but nothin on the video.
hardware.gif