Sign in with
Your question

Graphics card problem in motherboard

Last response: in Motherboards
March 27, 2012 12:51:37 AM

Hi everyone. There is a problem with my Intel DH55TC motherboard. Intel agreed to send me a replacement of the same model. When I received the replacement motherboard, I placed everything, including the graphics card into the motherboard. When I booted up the system, the screen goes blank even though I connected all the necessary wires into all the ports. I contacted Intel, they told to try a different graphics card in a higher wattage system. So I went and bought a XFX R6670 core edition graphics card and a Corsair GS700 power supply. I plugged everything to my motherboard, double checking everything. When I booted up the system with the new components, only the integrated graphics work. Since the Intel BIOS is crappy, I tried to run the system with only the PCIe slot functioning, nothing, just black screen. I reseted the CMOS and reconnected all the wires together, still it does not work. What is missing here? Please help me with this. This the second replacement of my motherboard, I do not want to send it in a third time. Thank you.
a b V Motherboard
March 27, 2012 1:04:31 AM

Please provide your complete spec for better understanding of your issue.
March 27, 2012 1:26:56 AM

Akashdeep said:
Please provide your complete spec for better understanding of your issue.

Old spec:

Intel i5-661
Intel DH55TC
6 GB RAM
Antec Earthwatts 500D 500W
PNY Geforce GT 430
Cooler Master V8 CPU cooler or Stock cooler

New Spec:

Intel i5-661
Intel DH55TC
6 GB RAM
Cooler Master GS 700 700W
XFX R6670 Core Edition 2 GB
Cooler Master V8 CPU cooler
Related resources
March 27, 2012 2:39:43 AM

Akashdeep said:
Does your BIOS detects everything OK or you can't see BIOS even?

Have tried updating the BIOS? This problem often comes due to your older version of the BIOS.
Download the BIOS from here-> http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=...

The BIOS is all updated. Yes, I can see everything with the onboard graphics. When I used my graphics card, the screen goes blank, but the system still runs normally and boots fine.
a c 118 V Motherboard
a c 76 U Graphics card
March 27, 2012 2:43:12 AM

and the power cable on the extension graphic card is on
March 27, 2012 2:59:16 AM

scout_03 said:
and the power cable on the extension graphic card is on

The XFX R6670 Core edition does not require a power cable. It is powered by the PCIe slot
a c 118 V Motherboard
a c 76 U Graphics card
March 27, 2012 3:20:20 AM

did you install the driver that came with the card before the install on the motherboard
a b V Motherboard
March 27, 2012 3:23:55 AM

AznRice, you mean you are having the issue starting at the Boot? Or after OS Login?
March 27, 2012 3:58:14 AM

scout_03 said:
did you install the driver that came with the card before the install on the motherboard

Even with the driver, I have the blank black screen. Nothing is on the screen with the cable.
March 27, 2012 3:59:18 AM

Akashdeep said:
AznRice, you mean you are having the issue starting at the Boot? Or after OS Login?

Right when I turned on the system there is the black screen. All the cables are plugged in correctly.
a c 118 V Motherboard
a c 76 U Graphics card
March 27, 2012 4:05:27 AM

could you try that gt 430 in so will find if the pci-e port work dont forget to remove the ati driver first
March 27, 2012 4:19:22 AM

scout_03 said:
could you try that gt 430 in so will find if the pci-e port work dont forget to remove the ati driver first

Nope, it still did not work. I have tried this numerous of times before I got the good parts, still black screen. Are there any more ways to fix this problem before I return this board for the third time?
a c 118 V Motherboard
a c 76 U Graphics card
March 27, 2012 4:24:55 AM

the only i would do is check every power cable on the board and if nothing is making ground to the case recheck for all standoff,then if you find nothing still the rma
a b V Motherboard
March 27, 2012 4:33:59 AM

AznRice said:
Nope, it still did not work. I have tried this numerous of times before I got the good parts, still black screen. Are there any more ways to fix this problem before I return this board for the third time?

Are you sure that they replaced you a new one? Ensure that they haven't returned you the same one.
a c 118 V Motherboard
a c 76 U Graphics card
March 27, 2012 4:38:06 AM

take the serial number and other before rma
March 27, 2012 5:17:59 AM

Akashdeep said:
Are you sure that they replaced you a new one? Ensure that they haven't returned you the same one.

I don't know about Intel. Most likely it is refurbished. They will never give you a new one, since it is not in the retail box.
December 5, 2012 6:36:37 AM

AznRice said:
Hi everyone. There is a problem with my Intel DH55TC motherboard. Intel agreed to send me a replacement of the same model. When I received the replacement motherboard, I placed everything, including the graphics card into the motherboard. When I booted up the system, the screen goes blank even though I connected all the necessary wires into all the ports. I contacted Intel, they told to try a different graphics card in a higher wattage system. So I went and bought a XFX R6670 core edition graphics card and a Corsair GS700 power supply. I plugged everything to my motherboard, double checking everything. When I booted up the system with the new components, only the integrated graphics work. Since the Intel BIOS is crappy, I tried to run the system with only the PCIe slot functioning, nothing, just black screen. I reseted the CMOS and reconnected all the wires together, still it does not work. What is missing here? Please help me with this. This the second replacement of my motherboard, I do not want to send it in a third time. Thank you.

Hi did you find a solution to your problem?
I seem to be having the same issue with the MSI R6670 2G
a b V Motherboard
December 5, 2012 11:34:18 PM

Did you connect the video cable to the graphics card?
!