Sound blaster x-fi titanium hd cuts off all sound on MMOs

shadowclasper

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2011
It's not any other game, just on MMO's. I've just rebuilt my computer, everything is FANTASTIC. It's windows 7 64bit, with a Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD sound card. I finally am able to play all of my games (with no lag what-so-ever) at the highest possible graphics settings. But the same thing happens without fail on MMO's and nothing else I play:

Within 1-30 minutes of playing, all sound on my computer just shuts off. All of it, period. I have installed the latest drivers. I have uninstalled them, I have reinstalled them. I have wiped my entire computer of everything on it and done a straight up clean install. NOTHING WORKS. I'm tired of dealing with this and I'm at the end of my rope. I just want my damn games to work properly, which is to say, not to make all sound on my entire computer stop working after 1-30 minutes of playing them!

edit: to clarify. I don't mean all sound in the game. I mean all sound AT ALL. I can move the little slider on the bar down next the start-bar clock and it won't ding. I can open up youtube and it won't have sound, the computer sound mixer SAYS that there's sound, but it's not getting translated from my computer to my speakers, and I'm slowly becoming convinced it's got to be the drivers are fucked up some how :S

Can anyone help with this?

shadowclasper

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2011
/sigh

well then, I sent off for a new one from Asus. But in the mean time I really would like to get my thing running so I can play games like global agenda (I'm sure you guys realize how it's next to impossible to play a multiple player fps without sound >< at least and do it WELL)

I'll look up those driver sets, but could you link them here? o_O is that allowed?