Looking for a motherboard

Minty_fresh269

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
Hello all,

I am looking to find a motherboard with some specific specs. I would like to have a board that is XL-ATX form factor, LGA 2011 cpu, has at least 7 PCIe slots, and have those slots span all 9 expansion slots in my case. Or if you know of an LGA 2011 board that has 9 PCIe slots then that would be great too.

I would prefer the first two slots to be double wide so I may run SLI and still be able to utilize the remaining 5 slots for a raid card, sound card, DVR card ect., or anything else I can imagine to use them for.

I would like this because I am building a long term rig that can do everything in one computer and will be expandable for the future. I will be using AutoCAD Inventor, Playing games, recording and editing video, and a file server all in one PC. I know that this sounds like a lot but I wont be doing all of them at the same time of course.

Thank you all for your time,
Minty

MegaMan1

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2011
Your question is out of my league but ! Why do you need a raid card when new MB have 2 SATA3 contorller both capable of seperate raid and a SATA2 Controller with raid also? Sound is built in too, maybe you need that for recording. Your answer may help me even if this does not help you. I have AutoCad, wish I had Inventor.

I'll bet not engough SATA ports with only two per controller.