Sign in with
Your question

Where and what to buy?

Last response: in Systems
April 17, 2011 2:18:06 PM

It's well past time to replace my 5 year old DELL. Problem with buying as infrequently as I do is I have to re-learn the state of the industry from an HW perspective.

I have the $, want a nice system, but don't want to build myself. What relatively hassle free yet reliable options do I have?

Tentative specs include 16gbRAM, good sound card, video card, solid state system drive and a large data drive. Don't need monitor. Don't game that much anymore thought I'd like to have the juice to do ok. I want to watch video and run a media center for streaming (Plex or XBMC). I often have lots of apps and windows running, will install Vmware and may have a couple of VMs running.

I'd be fine going with DELL or HP as I'm satisfied with their performance systems, my 6 month old DELL Optiplex at work is able to keep up with me so far, and buying from them is relatively hassle free. But I don't want pre-loaded crapware on my OS. Do they still plop junk on their builds? I'm fine with installing and configuring Windows 7 Ultimate myself, I may even prefer that.

Any guidance would be appreciated, or even just some links to info.

More about : buy

April 19, 2011 2:45:04 AM

email me at support@custompcandrepairs.com. I own a computer customs and repair store i feel like i could be a lot of help.
m
l
!