Help with choice of power supply.

G

Hello,
I'm getting ready to build my first computer and my case has the power supply hole@the to top of the case. My question is which type of power supply would be better..one with an intake fan on the front and an exhaust at the back(apevia iceberg 680w atx), or something like the apevia atx warlock 750 and just turn it upside down so the fan is facing down?
I would also appreciate any suggestions for a decent mid level power supply(not cheap).

Before we suggest a size, what's in the case?

Decent midlevel PSU's include the Corsair TX650/750/850V2's (built by Seasonic) and the XFX 650 and 750's (also built by Seasonic). And of course, the Seasonics.

Those would be my choices - very good PSU's without spending premium dollars.

Hello,
I'm getting ready to build my first computer and my case has the power supply hole@the to top of the case. My question is which type of power supply would be better..one with an intake fan on the front and an exhaust at the back(apevia iceberg 680w atx), or something like the apevia atx warlock 750 and just turn it upside down so the fan is facing down?
I would also appreciate any suggestions for a decent mid level power supply(not cheap).
You haven't provided your system specifications.

How do you even know that the power supplies being recommended are adequate to power your system?

Important specifications like the make and model of the graphics card, CPU, number of hard disk drives, number of optical drives, number of cooling fans, future upgrade plans (e.g. CrossFireX/SLI, more hard disk drives), etc. all affect the determination of the correct power supply to recommend/use.

G

Yeah, I forgot to include the parts on my list. This is my first build and also, I'm having to buy things 2 at a time since I can't afford to get all the parts at the same time..

NZXT Zero 2 case(already bought)
Intel I5 2500k(bought for $179.99)

Parts I Havent Bought Yet:
Asus P8Z68-V ATX 1155 MB
8 gig ddr3 Corsair memory
Lite on cd/dvd drive
120gig ssd...I'm going to add 2 more hdd, each at least 1tb
Nvidia Geforce GTX 550
PSU--to be determined
win 7 premium

That's the list for my first build and since I'm going to do a little o.c.ing on the processor, I also need a few suggestions on an aftermarket cooler(air)
Sorry for the late response...been out of town.

G

Thanx for your response...I forgot to include that info but I just posted it in response to another posters' question.