3 beep problem

Tags:
  • ASRock
  • BIOS
  • Processors
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
March 27, 2012 11:21:47 AM

Hi guys. I have p4v88 mobo. Suddenly, bios wont boot, no signal to the monitor. I tried reset cmos, ram, changing battery, another power supply, vga, ram.. no change. I found out that when i unplugg atx12v, theres no beeping, still no boot though, but it points to the processor powering problem. I took the cooler off to see if the processor isnt dead (celeron d330, but its heating so its not dead) so i took out the processor and plug the atx12 power cord in and no beeping, so the atx12 isnt dead as i thought. Any ideas? i ve tried everything. The bios is AMI and 3 beeps is memory problem, but it looks like bullshit. The bios is lieing right to my eyes!

More about : beep problem

a c 329 V Motherboard
March 27, 2012 11:29:40 AM

foldo21 said:
Hi guys. I have p4v88 mobo. Suddenly, bios wont boot, no signal to the monitor. I tried reset cmos, ram, changing battery, another power supply, vga, ram.. no change. I found out that when i unplugg atx12v, theres no beeping, still no boot though, but it points to the processor powering problem. I took the cooler off to see if the processor isnt dead (celeron d330, but its heating so its not dead) so i took out the processor and plug the atx12 power cord in and no beeping, so the atx12 isnt dead as i thought. Any ideas? i ve tried everything. The bios is AMI and 3 beeps is memory problem, but it looks like bullshit. The bios is lieing right to my eyes!

Beep Code Descriptions

01 short - Memory refresh timer error.
02 short - Parity error.
03 short - Main memory read / write test error.
04 short - System timer failure.
05 short - Process error.
06 short - Keyboard controller BAT test error.
07 short - General exception error.
08 short - Display memory error.
09 short - ROM BIOS checksum error.
10 short - CMOS shutdown Read/Write error.
11 short - Cache Memory bad.
a c 329 V Motherboard
March 27, 2012 11:32:04 AM

The 3 beeps relate to a memory issue.

Make sure they are seated correctly & in the right slots.

Also try to boot with one stick at a time to see if it helps.
Related resources
March 27, 2012 11:41:20 AM

nikorr said:
The 3 beeps relate to a memory issue.

Make sure they are seated correctly & in the right slots.

Also try to boot with one stick at a time to see if it helps.

I ve done that already with 3 sticks of ram in every position. Its beeping even when no ram is plugged in when atx12v connector is plugged in. When its unlpugged with processor inserted or plugged without processor, theres no beeping.
a c 329 V Motherboard
March 27, 2012 11:46:22 AM

Can u take it outside of the case and put it back together?

Maybe it is shorting somewhere.

And post the PSU wattage and other HW specs.
a c 329 V Motherboard
March 27, 2012 12:01:39 PM

Try the RAM in another computer or try in new memory.

It could be bad RAM or the slot too. Or bad PSU....
March 27, 2012 12:15:46 PM

nikorr said:
Can u take it outside of the case and put it back together?

Maybe it is shorting somewhere.

And post the PSU wattage and other HW specs.

I did that actually several times. PSU is 350 W, another one i tryed is another 350 W. RAM is 2x 512 DDR, VGA GeForce FX AGP, everything else is disconected.. hm, first thing i thought is, that the geForce is dead, but i tried another vga and the fan on the vga was turning realy slowly so maybe agp port is dead? but it does not matter if the vga is inserted, the simptoms are the same.. the thing that confuses me is the 12ATX connector. I dont think that the beeping would go on without the card plugged in agp, even if it would be dead, or am i wrong?
!