I can't play games with Jaggies, anyone else having this problem?

Unifried

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2010
I can't stand jaggies, i can't play a game with a lot of jagged edges, no matter how good it is. I have stopped playing my PS3 because of this. I think there is something wrong with me, am i over reacting? Anyways, right now i play most PC Games at 4x Adaptive MSAA (I would play with more and SSAA if i could), my ATI card limits AA to 4x and SSAA is too FPS consuming, my card is ATI Mobility HD 5470 currently. My problem is that 4x isnt enough for me and CCC AA forcing doesn't work on a lot of games. I was wondering if nVidia Control Panel is better and the Anti-Aliasing in the card is better aswell, what do you think?

Its just your personnal perference... I'm the opposite, I hardly ever apply AA and when I do its a small amount like 2xAA.

I had crossfire HD5850's and when I swicthed to GTX570's I noticed that in many games you can apply higher level's of AA.

Are you gaming on a laptop?

Unifried

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2010

For now yes, but im buying a new one PC with i7 2600k + HD 6970.

Unifried

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2010
I am worried that even with that spec, im still gonna get a lot of jaggies and that nVidia cards might be better with Anti-Aliasing.