PCI PS/2 Card Not recognized

Bnitride

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2011
Hello,
I have a Lenovo Thinkstation with Windows XP on it that I can no longer log into. I mistakenly uninstalled the USB controller so it no longer recognizes USB devices (ie: keyboard and mouse). I purchased a PCI PS/2 card so that I could use a PS/2 mouse and keyboard to get back into Windows, but the PC doesn't recognize that the PS/2 devices are even plugged in. Is there anything I can do with this machine besides reinstall Windows?

Thank you.

Disconnect keyboard and mouse and boot into safe mode so windows has a fresh hardware, now press and hold the power buttonf or a second to tell XP to shutdown.

Still with keyboard and mouse disconnected, boot into normal mode, once at desktop or login box, plugin mouse and wait for the drivers to load and then do the keyboard.

If this doesn't work, you may have corrupted the usb drivers and you may have to do a install over the top or a full clean install.

Bnitride

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2011
Thank you for the suggestion, but it still doesn't recognize that a keyboard or mouse are plugged in. I guess I will need to reinstall.

TRENDING THREADS