Sign in with
Your question

Connecting 4 monitors using a GTX 470 and a Geforce 8400GS ---- BLUE Screen

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 11, 2011 4:37:37 PM

Hello, I am trying to connect 4 monitors to my computer. I did a little research and found out that the only two ways this could be done is either A) SLI 2 of the same card (in my case 2xGTX 470) or B) Run two different graphics cards without SLI.

I have decided to go with B since it is a cheaper solution. I have heard of a lot of people who have done this successfully but for some reason its not working out too well for me.

After installing the second card (the 8400GS) windows detected the new hardware (windows 7) and I was able to install the latest drivers from nvidia. However, once I finally connected a monitor into the 8400GS I was hit with a blue screen and my computer crashed. I tried it multiple times, including uninstalling all drivers and reinstalling (for both cards). I can't figure out why this is happening. Please help.
February 11, 2011 7:25:01 PM

I'm having the same issue--slightly.

I too bought an 8600GS to run a third monitor accompanied by my 9800GTX+. When I installed the new 8600, the computer now only recognizes this one and not the old 9800. Not getting a BSOD or a crash, but stuck with 3 monitors in front of me but only one will work.

Basically I need to figure out how to get the computer to recognize both cards so they can work together.
m
l
Related resources
!