Sign in with
Your question

HELP - IMMEDIATE HELP NEEDED...

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 11, 2011 8:36:08 PM

I've cleaned out drivers before. I was having that 'right hand corner' cursor issue with 11.1a ATi/AMD drivers. I cleaned them out after the general uninstall, when I reboot the moving glow of the Windows flag freezes, I can't get out of it, I can hear Windows logging in though. I can't seem to restore anything, I've tried repairing through the Windows disc, it finds nothing. I can only log in normally through safe mode, of course I can't install the drivers in this mode, I don't have system restore turned on either.
What to do?!!! HELP PLEASE...

More about : needed

February 11, 2011 8:41:00 PM

By the way, it's Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
Related resources
February 11, 2011 9:13:01 PM

I have a full Retail of Ultimate (not even the upgrade).
I have SOOOOOO much stuff on the computer that I don't want to have to re-install.
Save files, tweaks, programs, files (I know Windows.old, but activation issues etcetera). I can thank to AMD. Or even Driver Cleaner that I used.
February 11, 2011 9:25:31 PM

megamanx00 said:
Get driversweeper

http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/

If that doesn't work it would be easier to just format your PC and re-install Win 7. Of course, if you have the OEM CD that might be a pain for the activation ^_^

Is there a way to install the drivers via a command line?
I actually don't understand the issue here, do you? If there are no dedicated driver, shouldn't the generic Windows driver load?
February 11, 2011 9:31:52 PM

WOOOOOOH! As I usually do, I sort these things out by chance.
I just right-clicked the VGA adapters in Device Manager and uninstalled. Booted fine. It seems that the generic Windows driver was even corrupt. Driver Sweeper from now on :D  Thanks though...
I thank people as they spend not only their time helping me, but I believe that it makes me try that 1 more thing - if you know what I mean.
February 12, 2011 12:51:43 AM

d3fu5i0n said:
WOOOOOOH! As I usually do, I sort these things out by chance.
I just right-clicked the VGA adapters in Device Manager and uninstalled. Booted fine. It seems that the generic Windows driver was even corrupt. Driver Sweeper from now on :D  Thanks though...
I thank people as they spend not only their time helping me, but I believe that it makes me try that 1 more thing - if you know what I mean.

Congrats,
February 13, 2011 7:35:26 PM

valpanig said:
Congrats,

I had also asked a lot of other people and they all chose the option of 'that HAS to be a reinstall that is necessary'.

I always feel as if I'm the only one who SOMEHOW miraculously sorts out these Windows OS issues. :p 
!