Problem with PC. First start up sounds strange. Cha fan 2 problem?

polorsport

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2007
Here we go again, god it seems like I can't go a few weeks without a computer problem lately. /rant :fou:

So do to problems I had building this pc, I had micro center do the majority of my build. They installed the mother board, cpu, cooler, power supply, graphics card, and case. Leaving me to just install my hard drives, memory, and install windows 7.

After weeks of waiting for rma's, and all the parts to arrive. I finally get the opportunity to test out my new pc. :bounce:

But, as soon as I hit the power button, it just didn't sound right. It sounded light one of the fans was well off. I don't mean turned off I mean like it wasn't working properly. When I went into the bios it showed the cha fan 2 was in the red and seemed to be maxed out while the rest where ok. I don't know what to do. I don't have a controller and it appears to be connected properly.

Also, is there anyway to confirm that everything is working properly?

My build:

Asus P8P67 Pro rev 3
COOLER MASTER HAF 922
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL
CORSAIR HX Series CMPSU-850HX
Evga Geforce 560 GTX TI
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus
WD Caviar Black 2 TB x2

polorsport

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2007
I tried connecting it to the power fan spot and switching the front fan to the cha fan 2. Same slow speeds.

Could this be why I get a weird boop noise when I boot up as well?

I made a mistake in my first post the fan is actually running to slow. 450 rpms

EnderWiggin

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2009
Possibly, you might want to also check on the ASUS forums or even on the HardForums under Intel motherboards section for similar issues. There are lots of discussions on the Asus P8P67 Pro rev 3 motherboards there. If there is no real solution, you might want to RMA it immediately.

http://www.hardforum.com/