Unlocateable Problem, would like advice?

Judgedredd91

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
Dear users of Toms Hardware!

I have recently build a Workstation for a client, at first it worked brilliant but a week or 2 after the problem came...

Symptoms:

No fan overdrive ( failsafe fan rpm overdrive to prevent component frieing )
No Picture on the screen - not even Bios logo.
No startup
No red dods on the motherboard - only green light ( means GO / no errors ! )

- it seems theres no problem at all but it gives no picture nore harddisc clicking.

Build:

Intel Core i5 2500K Sandy Bridge
ASUS SABERTOOTH P67 Sandy Bridge B3
ASUS ENGTX465 2DI 1GD5
Corsair 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz (2x4GB) XMS3
Fractal Design Define R3 White
Cooler Master GX RS-750 750W PSU
Western Digital 1000 GB Green 64 MB
LG BH10LS30 Super Multi Blue

Tryed Solutions:

Cable Check: seems like it worked, it started up but an houer later it went back to same problem - i thourght the harddisk didnt get power but it seems like it does, so back to square one.

Motherboard: LED light check - nothing no flashing light only " green go light "... the red dots light up when u turn on the system but i assume its just a an startup check...

Bios reset: Not tryed yet.

Component Replacement: Not tryed yet - as you see, i haven't been able to locate this mysterious problem yet.

Please give you your oppinion or solutions?
Where is the problem Give me hint ! :)

Friendly regards:

Magnus Peter Lassen !

Breadboard it - on a table next to the case place the mobo and connect the power front panel button to the mobo and the PSU. Try with only one stick of RAM first. You need to set the RAM voltage in the BIOS if the ram is rated above 1.5V. Some sticks work at 1.6 or 1.65V so make sure to manually set the memory voltage accordingly in the BIOS.