Underclock Pentium 4, Compaq laptop

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
May 1, 2005 7:27:46 AM

Hello,
I'm hoping that someone on this messageboard can tell me how to
underclock my CPU and possibly my video card as well. I have a
Compaq laptop and a 2.2 Ghz Pentium 4 processor. I would like to see
if underclocking the processor has any affect on the thermal output of
the machine. My BIOS version does not allow me to make changes to any
system information, just view it. Any ideas? Any help/advice will be
appreciated.
May 2, 2005 5:20:17 AM

If you don't have a mobile version of the cpu, you can't underclock it.

!