Tags:
  • Nvidia
  • Gtx
  • SLI
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 12, 2011 2:07:15 AM

Hello,

I have 2x GTX 480 in SLI. One is an ASUS ENGTX480 and the other is an MSI n480GTX M2D15. I am curious about why when I have MSI afterburner up, more specifically the hardware monitor, and I look at the charts after running benchies or games, the only value that changes for GPU2 is memory used. Is this supposed to happen? The GPU usage, temperature, fan speed, etc all stay static. If anybody can provide some insight I'd greatly appreciate it.

PudgyChicken

More about : gtx 480 sli gpu2 usage

February 12, 2011 2:44:51 AM

Is the ASUS card the one that isn't reporting values to MSI afterburner? If that's the case it could be that MSI afterburner isn't compatible with the ASUS card.
m
l
February 12, 2011 3:00:34 AM

No, I'm fairly certain that the MSI card is the one that isn't reporting to afterburner. The reason I say this is because (1) the ASUS card is above the MSI card and (2) the ASUS card has been in my rig for like 6 months now, with afterburner running the whole time. Nonetheless, I'll reinstall afterburner.
m
l
February 12, 2011 3:23:23 AM

I figured it out! Playing on a hunch, I went to the Nvidia control panel, and, when I checked the PhysX configuration, saw that it was set to have one of my 480s do PhysX. So I simply took it off of PhysX and put it in SLI, and after running Unigine Heaven Benchmark I got a solid 100FPS with a 800/1600/2000 OC :D 

Life is Good
m
l
!