Sign in with
Your question

Replacement from MSI K9A2 Platinum 790FX

Last response: in Motherboards
March 28, 2012 12:22:30 PM

After months of trying to find out a solution to way my computer was crashing, I finally was able to pinpoint it to the motherboard after it went up in flames!!!

I've just forked out on a new PSU - XFX 750W Black Edition Modular PSU, which (thank god) didn't burn out as did the other two PSU's I had before. So I have barely enough money to buy a new motherboard but will need to keep the AMD Phenom X4 9950 for now.

Anyone got any advice on which motherboard I should go for, keeping in mind the CPU I have?
a b V Motherboard
March 28, 2012 2:29:16 PM

Hello,

PLease mention your budget for a motherboard you would like. That can greatly narrow down what we can reccomend for you.

Also please list any preferences for specific brands, say Asus, Gigabyte...etc.
March 29, 2012 1:58:03 PM

Hi thanks for the reply, sorry mine is so late :s

I stripped another motherboard I had in a MediaCentre machine I forgotten about and all my other components work like a charm. The only problem is Windows 7 will not boot and restarts on an endless loop. I have searched the net and found it to be a common problem but people have gotten it to work WITHOUT FRESH INSTALLING.

The motherboard I am now using is ASRock N68C-S, please see my signature for the other components.

Here is what I have tried:

Startup Repair

Safe Mode via F8

Fix hard didk contoller via Hiren's BootCD

None of the above have worked, using the old motherboard to strip windows of driver's a no go as well...

If anyone else as any other ideas, much thanks would be appreciated as I would much rather avoid from backing up and doing a fresh install.
!