Newbie Question: Can I fit a Full ATX MOBO in a Mid-tower?

ammyt

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
Thread says it all. This issues are rarely covered in reviews/guides...but there are a lot of newbies to computer building like me out there. So, Can I fit a Full ATX MOBO in a Mid-tower case?

Depends on what kind of ATX mobo it is, as there is Extended-ATX. What exact case are you looking into? The cases themselves should say they support certain ATX motherboards - for example it might say EATX, ATX, MATX support.

The case should state which boards it does support. Heck a bunch of them will even have the mounting points inside the case labeled for the board/standard for that hole. I haven't worked with a Mid Tower that I can remember that doesm't support ATX but it is always good to check to make sure.

Christain Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team

ammyt

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
Thanks a lot folks. I'm actually looking for a mid-tower case that is "mod-freely" compatible with water cooling and can fit an ASROCK Extreme3 Gen3 Motherboard.

mojorisin23

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2012
Try a Corsair Carbide 400R. I have it... its great. very easy to get in and out of, good airflow, good fans, short height to fit under the desk, and i have an ASRock Extrem4 Gen3 with a big @ss Thermaltake FRIO but i know it can fit most water cooling options.