Sign in with
Your question

No sound after new motherboard installed

Last response: in Motherboards
March 28, 2012 8:34:05 PM

Have a FSC Scaleo P desktop. Mobo packed up so local pc shop installed a new mobo and delivered desktop back to me.. YAY! But I now have no sound and cannot find the original recovery cds etc. Have tried downloading the drivers from fsc support page but nothing seems to work
below is info I have:-
machine serial no. YSSP050784

Have run everest home edt & it says:-
Motherboard
CPU Type AMD Athlon 64, 2200 MHz (11 x 200) 3200+
Motherboard Name Unknown
Motherboard Chipset SiS 760, AMD Hammer
System Memory 480 MB (PC2700 DDR SDRAM)
BIOS Type Award (07/05/05)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM2)
Communication Port Printer Port (LPT1)

Please help I have always had sound before..
The PC shop has now closed & number I have simply rings out constantly.
Thx
Holly

a c 328 V Motherboard
March 28, 2012 8:57:33 PM

Is it a clean install?

What OS is it?
March 28, 2012 9:05:44 PM

Windows XP Home Edition..
Related resources
a c 328 V Motherboard
March 28, 2012 9:31:04 PM

Is it a clean install?
March 28, 2012 9:46:59 PM

Got model number & typed serial number into FSC site then downloaded drivers from site, tried installing them via device manager but still it says no device under sound etc. but still nothing.. Think its prob because of the new motherboard... Any clues as to where I go next?
March 29, 2012 4:19:11 PM

have tried to change to onboard realtek ac97 so went into Bios and tried enabling device, then windows won't boot, just keeps loading and then chucking me out.. had to go back in, change settings to disabled to get back to XP. Any help I desperately need sound my kids absolutely love CBeebies websites etc and are not impressed with lack of audio??
H
March 29, 2012 4:39:25 PM

Take it back to the PC shop and have them fix it. I suspect they replaced the motherboard with a different model, but didn't reload Windows XP, as they should have done.
March 29, 2012 4:39:59 PM

Do you see any errors for hardware in Device Manager?
March 30, 2012 12:44:44 PM

Jim_L9 said:
Do you see any errors for hardware in Device Manager?

No errors but Device Manager does not bring up any audio device whatsoever. I am presuming that the original sound card must have been removed and so I have to use onboard sound?? I have 3 jacks in the back, green, blue & pink but how to I enable onboard sound and sorry to seem completely blonde but would the installed sound card have to have been removed when the motherboard was replaced? or did the techy take it out and forget to put it back in?
Holly
x
!