Sign in with
Your question

Faulty RAM stick(s)?

Last response: in Memory
March 28, 2012 10:25:12 PM

I built my first rig about 2 months ago, since then I've been experiencing random restarts, blue screens, complete system crashes that I have to restart my PC and maybe that could be the issue why my PC is lagging from time to time though my PC is pretty good, I did the Windows Memory Diagonastic, it said that the RAM sticks are fine. Also, what's the difference between memtest86 and memtest86+? Should I launch one of them, or both to make sure that everything's working and should I test both of my RAM sticks separately (I have 2x4 GB DDR3 RAMs)? Should I try switching the RAM slots? I'm going to do the memtest when I'm going to sleep, should I leave it working overnight? And in the morning, when I'm going to school, should I launch the other memtest on the morning? The BSODs I've had are BAD_POOL_HEADER and IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

My rig:

CPU: AMD FX-8150 3,6 Ghz
GPU: CLUB3D Radeon HD 6950 2GB
MOBO: GIGABYTE 970a-D3
RAM: 2x4GB DDR3 1333 Mhz Kingston Blue
PSU: Chieftec CFT-600-14CS 600w
HDD: Hitachi SATA 3 7200 rpm

More about : faulty ram stick

March 29, 2012 8:02:24 PM

I did memtest86+ with both RAMs separately and both of them popped up errors within the first ten minutes, are both of the sticks faulty or is there something about memtest86+ I don't know?
a b } Memory
March 29, 2012 11:09:45 PM

If memtest shows errors on both sticks, there are errors on both sticks. RMA time.
!