ATX in old AT case

Status
Not open for further replies.

armedtoe

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2012
I purchased this case very cheap... and am curious if my new power supply and ATX motherboard(that of which i have not purchased yet) are compatible.
Pictures:
100_0093.jpg

100_0091.jpg

Solution
That case looks like it would work for an ATX/Micro ATX motherboard. You will have to pop out the existing I/O panel because it will almost certainly not line up with the new motherboard. That's fairly easy to do. Just be careful not to bend up the case.

Most new motherboards come with a snap in I/O panel cover that you can use in place of the original. Also, be careful to line up the standoffs with the motherboard before you start to screw it in. Most likely, you will have to move some of the standoffs to match your motherboard. Just be very careful to get all of the holes lined up and start the screws before tightening it down.

Just curious, what you are intending to put in there? I would suggest that you add a fan at the...

JKatwyopc

Distinguished
That case looks like it would work for an ATX/Micro ATX motherboard. You will have to pop out the existing I/O panel because it will almost certainly not line up with the new motherboard. That's fairly easy to do. Just be careful not to bend up the case.

Most new motherboards come with a snap in I/O panel cover that you can use in place of the original. Also, be careful to line up the standoffs with the motherboard before you start to screw it in. Most likely, you will have to move some of the standoffs to match your motherboard. Just be very careful to get all of the holes lined up and start the screws before tightening it down.

Just curious, what you are intending to put in there? I would suggest that you add a fan at the back of the case(looks like an 80 mm) and another at the front of the case if you can to help with cooling airflow, especially if you intend to put in a gaming GPU.

Solution

armedtoe

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2012
Thank you so much for the reply... Anyway, the case has a fan on the side I plan on incorporating. Not to mention, I have dual 12v .40A fans I will be placing on the front to match my fans on the side and power supply. This will be my first build... so I will be using the ESD strip religiously.

Status
Not open for further replies.