HIS Radeon HD 4670 anomaly

Hello,

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I have just received a new computer that my friend build for me, I was excited thinking I could finally play Crysis as beforehand I had an ancient 128mb integrated graphics. However, upon starting Crysis and messing with the graphics options at the main menu, I noticed the screen started freezing for about 10 seconds and resuming play. A VPU has reset your graphics accelerator error occurred and I can't even play the game past the cutscene.

I checked the temps in the catalyst overdrive utility and it's idling at 32-35c most of the time and during load at about 40-48c so it's definitely not overheating (at least I don't think). The system is brand new so I doubt it's a hardware fault.

I had the 10.5 catalyst suite, but then upon encountering problems I upgraded to 11.1 by first uninstalling the old suite via regular uninstall shield utility. Still however facing this problem.

Here are my system specs

Intel i3 550 @ 3.20ghz
Asus P355 something motherboard
HIS Radeon 4670 1GB
4GB PNY(I Think) DDR3 RAM
A logisys case that came with 480w psu
17" gateway monitor

Thanks in advance.
3 answers Last reply
More about radeon 4670 anomaly
  1. i am sure that its a driver fault.drivers is one of the biggest concern.thats why alot of people choose nvidia.well you installed game fine,did you installed patches?
  2. No, but I just fired up Half Life 2. Maxed out everything, over min 40 FPS. no problems. I'm deducing this is just software fault?
  3. then you should try to reinstall crysis again and then install its patch from its patch site.it should work then.
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Graphics