Sign in with
Your question

HIS Radeon HD 4670 anomaly

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 12, 2011 4:32:23 PM

Hello,

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I have just received a new computer that my friend build for me, I was excited thinking I could finally play Crysis as beforehand I had an ancient 128mb integrated graphics. However, upon starting Crysis and messing with the graphics options at the main menu, I noticed the screen started freezing for about 10 seconds and resuming play. A VPU has reset your graphics accelerator error occurred and I can't even play the game past the cutscene.

I checked the temps in the catalyst overdrive utility and it's idling at 32-35c most of the time and during load at about 40-48c so it's definitely not overheating (at least I don't think). The system is brand new so I doubt it's a hardware fault.

I had the 10.5 catalyst suite, but then upon encountering problems I upgraded to 11.1 by first uninstalling the old suite via regular uninstall shield utility. Still however facing this problem.

Here are my system specs

Intel i3 550 @ 3.20ghz
Asus P355 something motherboard
HIS Radeon 4670 1GB
4GB PNY(I Think) DDR3 RAM
A logisys case that came with 480w psu
17" gateway monitor

Thanks in advance.

More about : radeon 4670 anomaly

February 12, 2011 5:09:38 PM

i am sure that its a driver fault.drivers is one of the biggest concern.thats why alot of people choose nvidia.well you installed game fine,did you installed patches?
m
l
February 12, 2011 5:11:31 PM

No, but I just fired up Half Life 2. Maxed out everything, over min 40 FPS. no problems. I'm deducing this is just software fault?
m
l
February 12, 2011 5:14:20 PM

then you should try to reinstall crysis again and then install its patch from its patch site.it should work then.
m
l
!