Is my 850w PSU enough for this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raoulle

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2011
hi guys,

Just a quick question, does anyone know if my Corsair 850w psu will be enough to power an overclocked 2600k (4.4ghz), an Nvidia 590 and a quadro FX 4600?

The cards won't be running SLi but installed separately (a bit fiddly but it does work according to some people)

cheers

Solution
For a system with a single GeForce GTX 590 graphics card NVIDIA recommends minimum of a 700 Watt or greater power supply with a +12 Volt continuous current rating of 50 Amps or greater and with at least two 8-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

The Quadro FX 4600 has a maximum power consumption of 134 Watts (i.e. may draw up to 11.2 Amps from the +12 Volt rail).

The 850 Watt Corsair power supply unit with its +12 Volt continuous current rating of 70 Amps will have no problem powering your system with both graphics cards under full GPU load and the overclocked CPU under 100% load.

If your system configuration were to draw more than 70 Amps (it's usually set slightly higher) the power supply's over current protection...

Raoulle

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2011
think I've answered my question myself. recommended psu for both graphics cards on their own is 750w so its a fair bet that I'll need a more powerful PSU to get this to work - ah well. Feel free to delete this post, I can't see how I can do that myself

For a system with a single GeForce GTX 590 graphics card NVIDIA recommends minimum of a 700 Watt or greater power supply with a +12 Volt continuous current rating of 50 Amps or greater and with at least two 8-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

The Quadro FX 4600 has a maximum power consumption of 134 Watts (i.e. may draw up to 11.2 Amps from the +12 Volt rail).

The 850 Watt Corsair power supply unit with its +12 Volt continuous current rating of 70 Amps will have no problem powering your system with both graphics cards under full GPU load and the overclocked CPU under 100% load.

If your system configuration were to draw more than 70 Amps (it's usually set slightly higher) the power supply's over current protection circuit should shut down the power supply.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.