Toshiba laptop: low headphone volume

I had recently purchased a Toshiba Satellite P30-RG1 notebook. The speaker
volume is great, but when I plug in headphones, the volume just is not loud
enough.

I have all set all software and external rotary dials to maximum level. My
headphone volume is fine using my other laptop.

It just seems weird that I can blast the volume with the built-in speakers,
but not with headphones.
3 answers Last reply
More about toshiba laptop headphone volume

    * Ham KH6JF AARS/MARS ABM6JF QCWA WW2 VET WD RADIO *
    * Army MARS State Coordinator for Hawaii *

    On Sun, 1 May 2005, Michael Y wrote:

    > I had recently purchased a Toshiba Satellite P30-RG1 notebook. The speaker
    > volume is great, but when I plug in headphones, the volume just is not loud
    > enough.
    >
    > I have all set all software and external rotary dials to maximum level. My
    > headphone volume is fine using my other laptop.
    >
    > It just seems weird that I can blast the volume with the built-in speakers,
    > but not with headphones.

    I would suggest maybe try different headphone sets. Make sure of course
    the plugs match (i/e) not a mono plug going into a stereo receptable.
    Even so headsets vary in impedance within quite a large range it might
    be the one your trying is just missmatched. If on the other hand if
    the same headset use to work fine then I dunno!
    Kokomo Joe

    On Sun, 1 May 2005 13:15:41 -0400, "Michael Y"
    <michael.yee@NOSPAM.rogers.com> wrote :

    >I had recently purchased a Toshiba Satellite P30-RG1 notebook. The speaker
    >volume is great, but when I plug in headphones, the volume just is not loud
    >enough.

    I have the reverse problem: the sound using the inbuilt
    (Harman/Kardon) speakers is woefully inadequate on my P20, but the
    sound from my plugged in headphones is great.
    My headphones have a built-in volume and mute control in the lead.
    If yours have the same, are they at full volume?

    --
    Regards,
    Peter Wilkins

    This may be an issue of the headphone not plugging in all the way

    On Sun, 01 May 2005 10:15:41 -0700, Michael Y

    --
    Fritz Oppliger

Laptops Speakers Headphones Toshiba