Beep Code 1-4-3 Computer Working Normally

oobe_banoobe

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2011
Hey all,

I have a custom computer I recently built and it has been working great thus far. Though in the past couple days I have been getting this beep code when booting up. 1 long, 4 short, then 3-4 (a little hard to tell exactly) higher pitched beeps.

My motherboard is the MSI Z68A-GD65 B3. I've got i7 2600k, Nvidia Geforce 580, 16 gb ram 128gb solid state, 1.5 tb hdd.

I have checked all my temps through HWMonitor, Looked at BIOS, (not much experience there), and am currently typing this message on the computer. From what I read about the BIOS Beep Codes, this is what I found on some other blog:

1 - 4 - 3 Timer failure Bad motherboard
1 - 4 - 4 NMI port failure Bad motherboard

I'm not sure what would be happening with the computer. Before this event, every time I would turn on my computer I would get 1 long and 2 short which indicates monitor or display card error, but I sort of boiled that down to my monitor taking its time to come out of sleep mode.

Also, one last note, when I am logged on and I restart my computer, I get that normal one that I would usually get...1 long and 2 short.

Any insight would be much appreciated

Thank you all!

oobe_banoobe

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2011
I think I figured it out. I unplugged a universal card reader which I began using in the past few days, and when I booted without it attached, the computer booted as it normally would.

Thanks to all that have read my message, but I think the problem is resolved!