Corsair obsidian 800d question + PSU info

Karnyge

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2011
I'm currently building my new rig and looking at getting this case, I currently have a antec 1200, but want the 800d for the liquid cooling potential and overall design + I'm trying to minimize the noise levels produced from fans etc. I have one concern with the 800d it's to do with the psu enclosure down the bottom, the psu i have atm is a Zalman zm850-hp it has a top mounted fan, does anyone have any experience with this case and know if my psu fan will have enough space for sufficient airflow intake.

Also, while I'm at it I may as well ask, will my psu (zm850-hp) be adequate for a sandybridge i7 build with 6950's xfire + liquid cooling, obviously depending on what lcs i go for, might just pick up one of those new h80/h100 coolers to just cool the cpu.

Cheers

Solution

That was Corsair's whole point in placing the power supply at the bottom of the chassis with the fan facing the air intake vent. It isolates the power supply's air flow from disturbing the airflow in the remainder of the chassis. Sucking pre-warmed air from the chassis through the power supply may/will lower its electrical conversion efficiency.

That was Corsair's whole point in placing the power supply at the bottom of the chassis with the fan facing the air intake vent. It isolates the power supply's air flow from disturbing the airflow in the remainder of the chassis. Sucking pre-warmed air from the chassis through the power supply may/will lower its electrical conversion efficiency.

Solution