Sign in with
Your question

What ram?

Last response: in Memory
March 29, 2012 11:19:00 AM

Hi,

I am looking for some ddr3 to complement my gfx card I'm getting(Asus HD 6850).
My mobo supports 8gb so 2x 4gb modules would be awesome also my cpu is a amd x4 athlon II 645 3.1 Ghz

Thanks in advance

Charlie.

More about : ram

a b } Memory
March 29, 2012 12:01:09 PM

Get corsair, OCZ or Gskill ones. They seem to be the most liked by people around here.
Personally I like Kingstone if I can't afford the after mentioned brands
a b } Memory
March 29, 2012 12:07:42 PM

^ agreed. I'm partial to Kingston and Corsair, and they both have Memory Finder tools on their website to help pick the right SKU for your MOBO. Kit skus, compatible CAS, etc. And if you buy based on those memory finders, both companies do a good job of standing behind the compatibility should you run into problems.
Also, don't spend the extra on Kingston HyperX or Corsair Vengance/Dominator lines, unless you're going to overclock
March 29, 2012 1:10:45 PM

psaus said:
^ agreed. I'm partial to Kingston and Corsair, and they both have Memory Finder tools on their website to help pick the right SKU for your MOBO. Kit skus, compatible CAS, etc. And if you buy based on those memory finders, both companies do a good job of standing behind the compatibility should you run into problems.
Also, don't spend the extra on Kingston HyperX or Corsair Vengance/Dominator lines, unless you're going to overclock

Thanks I will go on the website once I have finished work!
!