Last response: in Motherboards
March 29, 2012 12:41:15 PM

I have a big problem Guys. Here are my specs before I continue:
CPU: AMD x6 1100T
MOTHERBOARD: GA-890 ud5
RAM: CORSEHAIR VENGENCE 1600 16gigs
VIDEO CARD: ATI 6850HD
PSU: Thermaltake TR2 RX 750W BRONZE

2 months ago I transferred my old rig to a new case and get no post. Video card fans spin, CPU fan spins, as well as case fans. Computer was working 100% before case trasnfer.

Purchased new power supply same specs
NO POST

Purchased new video card: NVIDIA 560GTX
NO POST Returned video card

So I forked over the cash and bought new components but kept the new Powersupply. Same specs. I benchtested it out of the case and still got no post.

New motherboard purchased was ASUS 990 SAbertooth. I even bought a new bios chip for the Asus board. I bench tested my rig on the motherboard box before I placed it in my case and still no post. I am running out of ideas so I bought a case speaker. These are the beeps I get:

NO CPU NO RAM NO VIDEO CARDS
CPU MISSING BEEP

With the CPU IN no ram and no video card. Multiple beeps.

WITH CPU IN, VIDEO CARD IN, NO RAM
multiple beeps

CPU IN 2 Ram Sticks in No video card 1 short beep

CPU, RAM, and Video Card in no beeps.

I am running out of ideas guys. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh I also had the standoffs in when I switched my old rig to the new case.

More about : post case swap

a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
March 29, 2012 5:16:56 PM

You bought new components - cpu, ram video card, mobo, and cpu cooler? Exact same replacement parts? Are you using the case standoffs supplied with the new case or are you using the old ones? The new case might require a ground through those or the opposite from your old case. Did you put it back in the old case and it still works? FOLLOW THIS LINK it walks you through the "no post" problem. You have probably already done most if not all but sometimes a simple walkthrough can find the culprit.
m
l
!