GrandAndreasK

Honorable
Mar 29, 2012
If it does then how do i acctivate it in bios on my 64-bit system?

If it dont then how do i use my 3TB seagate Barracuda as a bootable drive with win 7...

i want the bootable drive to be 3tb(2.7) in one drive not 2tb +700gb

psaus

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2006
Unfortunately I've got bad news. That board does not have UEFI, and you won't be able to use it at it's full capacity as a boot drive.

Either have to upgrade your motherboard (pain in the ___) or use the 3TB drive as a secondary drive. I suggest the latter. Have a small boot drive, and just use the 3TB, in it's full capacity as a secondary drive.
Not a lot of boards have UEFI. Newly released boards are starting to come with it more and more, but I'd hazard a guess that 99% of all systems out there are using a standard BIOS, not UEFI.

GrandAndreasK

Honorable
Mar 29, 2012

Tnx for your reply m8.....

yea i know all the high end X79 MODO's got UEFI but it is rare on X58...

i got 2x 3tb and 2x 2tb and 4x1tb ( i have retiered the 1tb's... i have unplugged them and use them for OS clone backup now)

i also have a 120GB Corsair Force GT that i am tired off... cos my desktop fills itself upp rater quicly and i have to dump stuff in -/:D-e-f-g-h-k-i-j~ every week :na:

and after a million savegames and other stuff i am left with 3-6 GB free space... and 20~ if i clean out the stuff i dont need...

I have had Motherboard problems all the time..... plz explain this> .... i got my SSD plugged into the white Sata3 6bps output and i use a genuine Sata3 Cable.....AND! still i get 200.1/MBPS read even with a clean install of win7 :fou: fffffuuuuuuuuu :na: :na: :na:

so yea i guess that something is wrong with the MOBO (22.3 btw)..... and my 3TB barracuda does 180 MBPS read annyway (with a loss of some 4k speed offc)

Annyway.... i wanted a OWA/intel SSD but thy cost like a million $ (jk) :kaola:

soooo...do any of you guys here in the forum know af any good x58 MOBO's with UEFI support for 4.5 GHZ overclockers like me?

psaus

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2006
Sounds like you need to install a RAID card and pool those drives together, then install all of your games (and p*rn? :) ) on anything but C:.

I'll leave the recommendations for a different board to other people. Simply because I don't have a good one. :)

As for the SSD performance, it's either a crap SSD (which I don't think it is) or AHCI wasn't installed/configured correctly. Can be tricky, but there are a few posts on that topic in this forum and tons elsewhere in the ultraweb. Plus MBPS isn't always the thing you want, especially for a C: - IOPS (aka transactions per second) is what you want. Platter companies have boasted MBPS because that's what they're good at, but terrible at IOPS. That SSD will run circles around any HDD.

psaus

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2006
Just did a quick google, and found that some mobo companies are upgrading existing x58's with UEFI. Not sure which board you have, so maybe you're a lucky one?
Just google "x58 UEFI"