P8Z68V Pro - No HDMI signal

k1zzi

Honorable
Mar 29, 2012
Trying to install an ASUS VE228H monitor using HDMI and the port acts dead. Monitor indicates No HDMI signal. The monitor works fine switching it to DVI. I'm using internal graphics. I looked for an HDMI option in the BIOS but I don't see anything to enable.

I probably need to swap out the HDMI cable and find another HDMI device to plug in. Wondering if anyone else had this problem or know what I missed. Thanks

eXistenZ

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
Nobody else has replied so far. Sooo. . .

Of course you have set the "monitor" to HDMI, right?

Also, you have the UEFI set to iGPU, not PCI/PCIe, right? But as you said, it works with DVI.

That's all I can think of ATM.

puttsy

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
I have an asus monitor and sometimes the HDMI can be a bit finicky. The signal will freeze when a device is disconnected. Now, as you said, try another HDMI compatible device. And a new cable if it's an option.

Next, you are trying to connect your computer to your monitor via HDMI? If that's the case, give specs on your machine and what you are trying to do. You may need to install the drivers for HDMI to work and set integrated video settings in the UEFI but, that may be putting the cart before the horse if you're not actually connecting a PC to it via HDMI.

Overall I have been very pleased with my Asus LCD's/monitors and they are actually the first brand I buy if/when I need a new/another monitor so hopefully it's not an issue with the display. But, let us know what you figure out.

k1zzi

Honorable
Mar 29, 2012
Yes I have checked that. I also found a new Intell driver but no change. I need to swap out the HDMI cable and try this monitor on another HDMI device to be sure it's not the monitor. I don't have anyway to check that right now unless maybe I can hook it up to the TV. I'll check into that.

DVI works great so it's not a big deal but I would like to use HDMI for the monitor speakers too. One less cable. Thanks for your suggestions.

k1zzi

Honorable
Mar 29, 2012

Yes I'm trying to connect the PC HDMI port directly to the monitor. I just downloaded all the latest drivers from Intel. HDMI was included but no change. I need to verify that the cable and monitor is okay. Trick is finding another HDMI compatible device around here to try. I will report back. Thanks

P8Z68V- PRO GEN3
I5-2500K
ASUS VE228H monitor

eXistenZ

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
When you build your own, I now know, you need all kinds of extras -- tools, I suppose. When you buy a monitor, you need a VGA cable, DVI cable, audio cable, HDMI cable, just to be sure that all of the parts work within your first 30 days. Mini-HDMI! But usually you don't get around to trying the HDMI until 2 months later -- and find that it doesn't work. Or not. And then if there "may be" a problem, you need other parts to try just to locate the problematic hardware.

Nonetheless, I am surprised that to build your own is basically just assembling the (high quality) parts. Amazing. I got ASUS mobo and ASUS monitor, too.

k1zzi

Honorable
Mar 29, 2012
Apparently it's a HDMI failure in the ASUS VE228H monitor. It didn't work when I connected it up to my DTV box. The HDMI cable was swapped out too. I didn't expect that with a new monitor and thought I had a BIOS setup problem.