Unexpected shutdowns

Hi,

Just installed a new 750w psu, about a week ago, the day i installed it my computer shut down like having a power cut. Since then it's done it every day but one, at random times. My system is virtually brand new, and it's not a overheat problem. All ram tests and HDD tests come out fine. I disabled Q-fan and Cool and Qiuet mode in BIOS but it did it again. Can anyone help me out, could it be a faulty PSU, some power problem?
4 answers Last reply
More about unexpected shutdowns
  1. It's a Faulty PSU... What else could make the system shutdown if you didn't OC and it's completely stable with everything...
  2. check if your motherboard needs any additional power cables plugged in other than the main cable like a 4 pin connector
  3. what brand of PSU is it? if its a cheap'n'nasty brand they you should replace it ASAP before your computer blows up.
  4. mcnumpty23 said:
    check if your motherboard needs any additional power cables plugged in other than the main cable like a 4 pin connector

That 4-pin CPU connector would cost it to reboot every 2 second OR you can said 'No Boot"
    Cheap PSU dont just cause the system to shutdown IF there's no problem to it... The PSU is faulty or in a bad situation... If it's a Good PSU Like Corsair's PSU and cause shutdown, it's a faulty one OR one of your System part is overheating... Check your Temps in BIOS instead of in OS because OS/Software is off by 2-20*C
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Components