Sign in with
Your question

Loss in Performance After Each Reboot. Geforce 450

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 13, 2011 5:04:40 AM

So I was wondering if anyone else is having this issue. After each Reboot of my PC I lose almost all my performance from my card. I can play World of Warcraft on ultra with around 50-60 fps, unless I restart my PC then I can only play on low with around 1 fps. I must do a clean install after each boot to reattain the normal performance. I was wondering if anyone has had this issue and/or knows how to fix it. I am using the driver version from October because the new drivers are very poor.

Specs:
Windows 7 Home Premium
AMD Quad Core 3.1ghz
6gb DDR3 1600 Ram
Asus engts450
a b Î Nvidia
a b Ý World of Warcraft
February 13, 2011 6:27:58 AM

new drivers are poor? how? use the new drivers!
February 13, 2011 1:02:16 PM

Blizzard games won't work with the new nvidia drivers nor will some THQ games.
Related resources
a c 168 Î Nvidia
February 13, 2011 1:26:11 PM

Flemon said:
Blizzard games won't work with the new nvidia drivers nor will some THQ games.

There would have been a bit of an outcry if that were the case and as this is the first I've seen of that I think your problems lie elsewhere perhaps.
a c 168 Î Nvidia
February 13, 2011 2:12:53 PM

Uh OK, so you tried what they suggest and all of the problems have gone away, yes?
February 13, 2011 2:24:10 PM

Strange, t\he new drivers worked on my card.
February 13, 2011 3:40:39 PM

The problem is the drivers seem to stop working once I restart my PC. I lose all performance on all games and video card demanding software once I restart/ shut down my computer. I can't figure out why after each restart I have to do a clean install of the drivers to restore performance. This seems to be a relatively common problem discussed on the Nvida forums but no one can figure out how to fix it.
a c 168 Î Nvidia
February 13, 2011 3:47:39 PM

It's not a problem that I've experienced and I can't say that I've seen a lot of posts on this forum about it, so just how common is "relatively common" ?
!