Random Lockups/Freezing

ASUS M3A78 Pro AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard
EVGA 512-P3-N871-AR GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512MB 256-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
COOLER MASTER Real Power Pro RS-650-ACAA-A1 650W ATX Form Factor 12V V2.3 / SSI Standard EPS 12V V2.91 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply
G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ

I have been using this setup for about a year and a half now or so and am now experiencing random lockups/freezing. I have since ran a memtest (passed) and reformatted, but still have the issue. If anyone could point me in the right direction as to what it might be or what I can do to find out, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks TH Forums.

PS: Have an extra video card and semi-functioning PSU on the side.
3 answers Last reply
More about random lockups freezing
  1. Forgot to add that it was only doing it during gaming and now it doesnt matter
  2. Recently the sound has cut only to the right side-restarting fixes this. Never had this happen before unless of course my headset failed (not the case here). Could this be a sign of a failing mobo?
  3. All has been fine for a few hours but was working on a website when all of a sudden the sound distorted and computer froze up? Is my on-board sound going? Please guys, any help on this would be much appreciated - I would like to replace the part that is causing this!
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Systems